“En route to FLL”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,471 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Returning after a few years, we stopped en route to the airport ahead of our flight back to London.

Lunch menu, which was not offered, from which we chose 5 chicken wings and a personal pizza which we noth shared. Finally a sluce of NY cheesecake which was superb. Good value and not sure how anyone manages a small 12 inch pizza to themselves!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The ingredients are fresh, the presentation is terrific, the recipes good, but it just misses being a superb pizza experience.
Professional pizza makers in NYC claim that the fantastic taste to pizza in the Big Apple is due to NY water.
I can't say that this is the reason why Anthony's just misses being the best, but it does seem possible; Florida's water tastes just awful.
On the whole, this is a fun dining establishment with good salads, good entrees, and huge bar, televisions everywhere, music playing, and almost but not quite great....pizza.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch as I was in the neighborhood. I heard that Anthony’s was good so gave it a shot.

I decided on 2 appetizers for my lunch. The broccoli rab with sausage and the fried eggplant with ricotta and marinara sauce. Both came with fresh flatbread.

The eggplant was awesome. The broccoli rab was tasty, an acquired taste but really good. Wonderful bread.

I will have to come back and try the pizza and maybe a couple of beers.

The place was full at lunch but not too crowded. Service was fine.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Getting on the ship in the morning and were able to walk to Anthony's. It was early and not busy so we were able to order drinks and food right away. Big menu and we all ordered something different. Spicy spare ribs, pizza, and a calzone were the variety and we all tried one another's food. We all agree the ribs were spicy, calzone had a nice spice mingle and the pizza was well done just like we prefer. Drinks were also good and cheese cake that was shared was very creamy and better then the cheese cake on the cruise!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I gave up on chicken wings and fried foods 30 years ago... For years I felt deprived of chicken wings, then I discovered Anthonys... My prayers were answered, a healthy alternative to fried foods. The wings are cooked in a coal fire oven and smothered in onions, they are tasty and flavorful. I also love the coal fire egg plant, and just about everything else they serve here. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff friendly and well trained. This is my preferred place for pizza and wings...