“Cool!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place will make you smile. The tacos are Florida fare but very tasty. The margaritas were wonderful. The view of the beach is neat and provides incredible people watching. The service is good. It can be incredible if you ask for Lori. She’s the best in the business - kind, funny, honest, and determined to make sure you have a great time and great meal.

2  Thank GretchenNate S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The best part of the drunken taco is people watching, and you’re going to be doing that a lot of your waiting for service. If you enjoy overpaying for subpar food then this is the place for you. If you expect common decency and a deal then steer clear.

1  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We are from California and were in this area as we were getting ready to leave for a cruise. We had not been to this area for Ft. Lauderdale before. We were walking down the street of all the restaurants and loved the variety of the menu and the prices. We sat down and were immediately waited on. The server Lori was wonderful. Very happy, outgoing, funny and knowledgable off all drinks and food. We had a fantastic time. I wish we had time to go back to this place as it was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank shellmo2001
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the drunken Taco expecting great Tex-Mex food, and it was my wife's birthday . It was the week after spring break so it wasn't that busy, we got service really quick and that's it. The waiter wasn't engaging at all. Mute as a dead duck, and I was told by the bartender that he was their best waiter, haha he didn't even ask us what we wanted , so we told him what we wanted and after we got our meals, the tomatoes werent fresh, 4 pieces of chicken on top of the Taco Salad but nothing special about it. After we ate, we were expecting to chill a little bit longer, we got the bill which we didn't ask for it. And when the bill came it was a sub total of $58.77 Plus $3.53 for tax and on top of that 16% to a total of 71 + cents. On the next piece of receipt there was a total of $71 underneath it the line for the tip and then the total. Making it so difficult to calculate how much you wanted to give to them. So I stood up talked to the bartender and said I want to give you the tip based on the subtotal. He actually was kind of surprised that I was only going to give him 15% only I told him that the way that they calculate the tip is wrong and if I would have given 15% above $71 I would have be paying almost $80 for the whole ticket almost $18 more than what I was supposed to pay for my meal. So I told them you're not supposed to do that that's wrong so he took away the tip amount and he said give him whatever you want so I gave him $5 because that's a very shady way of doing business scamming the customers by adding the tip way after you already added the taxes tip and on top of that you again ask for an additional tip thinking the customers is dumb. Watch out customers make sure that there is no tip added or suggest that on the receipt make sure that you only paid the subtotal before taxes in that when you add your tip make sure it's not the total amount including taxes and tip all together cuz you'll be paying double tip for wrong and bad service and bad food. Next time you go to the drunken tiger don't be so drunk cuz you'll be taken advantage off.

1  Thank FoodguruKing
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Late night munchies at Drunken Taco was great. Chips and Salsa came with complimentary chip refills and the two for one drinks came in handy. The shrimp salad was also excellent and the service was spot on. No complaints at all.

1  Thank Papito758