“Will do it again!”

Balearia Caribbean
Ranked #141 of 167 things to do in Fort Lauderdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Balearia Caribbean offers Scheduled ferry crossings between Fort Lauderdale FL, and Grand Bahama Island onboard our ship; “Jaume I” with a capacity of 600 passengers divided into two classes; economy premium and ecomomy. Jaume I sails from Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 am and arrives at Grand Bahama Island at 11:00 am (weather permitting), It then sails from Grand Bahama Island at 6:00 pm, and arrives back to Fort Lauderdale at 9:30 pm With such a convenient schedule, Balearia Caribbean gives the traveler the opportunity to spend 6 hours in the island on a one day trip, a quick weekend getaway when limited by time, or a grand vacation when staying at one of the many resorts in Grand Bahama Island. Balearia Caribbean is proud to be the lowest priced and “funnest” way to travel to the Bahamas
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Pro: Clean Ferry, comfortable chairs, nice staff.
Con: You will feel the motion.
Suggestion: The captain should advise passengers to stay seated in bad weather condition just like a pilot informs passengers on a plane.
Recommendation: future passengers need motion sickness medication at least 1hr before departure.
My overall experience was good.

2  Thank JamNoel
baleariaferry, Customer Service at Balearia Caribbean, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for leaving your amazing feedback and a great suggestion. We really appreciate your opinion and we will definitely speak to the captain to enforce your suggestion. We hope you notice the difference the next time you travel.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"ports"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Tool Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas for 3 day cruise to the bahamas. Ship was clean crew was great. Especially the waitstaff. Food was good but not extraordinary. Entertainment was plentiful but not on your face. Royal Caribbean has this down to a science. Coco Cay and shore excursions were fun

1  Thank mark s
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I planned a trip to the Bahamas earlier this month and the ferry was closed due to rough sea conditions, which is understandable, so I booked a plane flight from Fort Lauderdale to Freeport instead. Upon returning to Fort Lauderdale with the ferry I asked who I should speak with to receive a refund for the cancelled ferry ride and they told me to call support when I got back to the U.S.. I called the number on their website and it went straight to unavailable. I also tried emailing them and I got no response back. I would never trust this company again. Besides that my vacation was amazing.

2  Thank Christian C
baleariaferry, customer service at Balearia Caribbean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

You unfortunately contacted the wrong department in order to get your funds back. You have to email customer.service @ baleariacaribbean.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Everything about my trip went better than expected - I arrived (on time, which I feel is important) and was immediately shown onboard. I got handed a drink and was treated to a gorgeous view off the side of the ferry. We were off! Within minutes, the juices were flowing, the waves were rolling by, and I was having the time of my life.

For what you pay, this is a delightful way to spend this otherwise boring trip, and I would strongly recommend it to anybody looking to take a vacation in the near future.

3  Thank Duncan312659
baleariaferry, customer service at Balearia Caribbean, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you so much for leaving an amazing feedback about your trip. It brings us the upmost joy to know your voyage was smooth and relaxing. We would love to have you travel with us again. Thank you !

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had a great trip going to Bahamas, everything was great including drinks, some miner things I didn't like but it wasn't a issue with my trip, I enjoyed it very much

1  Thank Dan J

Thank you for using your time to leave your amazing feedback. We would love to know what we could do to make your next trip with us perfect. Please email customer.service @ baleariacaribbean.com to express the event of your trip. We would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you!