“Great Pub!!”

The Royal Pig Pub
Ranked #58 of 1,439 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Have you ever wondered what food that was cooked with love and passion tasted like? Find out at The Royal Pig Pub. Our executive chef and his kitchen staff make food we are all proud to serve our guests. Our Royal Pig bartenders can stir up all the classic drinks and they'll even shake it up and make you one of our signature cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Walking distance from our hotel on Las Olas, this pub offered a very nice menu for both food and drinks. The service was great, the ambiance is fun and I would describe the food as upscale pub with a focus on pork...hence the name of the pub.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Finally made it to the Royal pig, even if it was just for lunch. After being intrigued by the name and reading positive reviews over the past years it was worth the effort to get there. (Well readily visible it is not easy to drive to and find parking since Las Olas Blvd./Fort Lauderdale doesn’t make anything easy. However, in the evenings I believe there is valet parking available which makes it much easier.)
We opted to eat inside and it was a wonderful choice. The interior is well laid out, beautifully appointed, and with an eye towards making the guest comfortable while offering them visual interest.
Service was gracious and immediate. Our server was wonderfully knowledgeable of the menu and offered excellent suggestions and advice. His descriptions of the dishes in response to our questions was articulate and vivid.

We opted for later bites since the bread pudding and beignets were both intriguing options for dessert. So we opted for beef sliders and the bbq shrimp and grits. And we were grateful we did. Portions are well-suited for hearty eater’s. The sliders Dash three of them – were lovely and well done. My guest devoured them and she’s a picky eater. The accompanying truffle fries were delicious. The fries themselves or well-done —crispy on the outside with creamy interiors and just the right amount of truffle and Parmesan. The barbecue shrimp and grits was a new take on an old classic. And I may never go back to the old way. Delightfully spicy well done search with crusty bread for extra dipping since they are covered and a wonderful sauce. I tried my hardest to finish everything but I still left a few bites. And this was listed under the appetizers.
I had the house margarita which is not made with mix. It was flavorful well blended and had a punch to it.
The bread pudding one out as the desert for the day. I don’t like bread pudding and I ate some of this. It had a crusty caramelized exterior a lovely well baked interior or the bourbon sauce it is just delicious.

The Royal pig has been there for six years now. It is an immaculate
place. After having driven by for the past six years and seen the place packed in the evenings I expected the interior to have some of the “ambiance” of other bars that serve food. I was delightfully surprised and pleased. The kitchen is open for viewing if you’re so inclined. And I am. Food handling was impeccable. The kitchen was spotless.

We will be back. Maybe even to try for Saturday or Sunday brunch. (They offer brunch both days .)

1  Thank Shar H
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The noise level was unbearable from the sloppy drunken people, music playing, and kitchen. Absolutely painful for the four of us. The waitress was polite but had no knowledge of the menu. She had to look at the printed description to answer questions. The lunch menu only had two pork dishes and the rest was the same old bar food. We waited one hour and 17 minutes for our food on a Saturday lunch. This place appeared nice from the outside but we hated it. The outside and inside were both noisy with drunks.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

My hubbie and I came here the day before our cruise on Saturday, March 10, 2018.

They have a weekend drink special for $14 on Saturday and Sunday, from 11-3, ALL YOU CAN DRINK BLOODY MARY’S!

Now, we have both had a lot of bloody Mary’s, but these were among the best. There was real
Horseradish in them and they were just spicy enough with the right kick! And for only $14 you could drink as many as you wanted.

But the real STAR of the show was the Salmon Egg Benedict! Smoked Salmon Cake, Coddled Eggs, Spinach, Hollandaise Sauce, Side of Fruit with Honey Ricotta. Omg these were divine.

We both ordered this off their weekend brunch menu and we loved it! Our waiter was Zeus and he was very friendly, polite and had a great sense of humor.

If you’re looking for a great weekend brunch place on Las Olas Blvd, check this place out! You won’t be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Only negative about this place was food was extremely slow to come out. But once it finally came out, it was excellent. Had pulled pork and a burger. Would definitely come back here.