“Very nice place / good food”

Pirate Republic Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 1,471 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice Location especially for kids . Food also very good. Prices are ok. We would come again. We were there with 3 people

1  Thank schui-shooter

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We found this place by fluke and were overwhelmed with the quality of the food. Very fresh and tonnes of flavours. The chorizo clams were amazing!!! We both had Seafood Specialities and they were great. The setting is great, right on the water. We left super full and satisfied with this great find.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

If you’re going for fried fish, this isn’t the place. If you want a great meal, this is it. Two of us had the Spanish dish (I had the grouper) and my wife the Pirate Bowl. All of it was awesome. Waiter was excellent as well as the unique view of the pier and fishing boats going out and coming in.

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant based on the above average reviews.......
My family and I visited on 8/2/18 at approx 6:30pm. They have a parking lot for the restaurant with ample spaces. We walked up to the hostess stand and took notice of how empty the restaurant was. We asked to be seated near the water, and we were seated on the dock. Our waiter came over (dont remember his name) he asked if we wanted drinks and recommended the house made margarita, I tried it and it was delicious! We didn't order any appetizers. I ordered the small Pirate bowl, my wife ordered the chicken fettuccine alfredo, and both my kids had the chicken fingers. While waiting for our meals we were watching the boats go by and my kids loved watching the fish in the shallow waters next to them. Our meals came out in a very acceptable amount of time, no issues. While eating the Pirate Bowl I felt that the juice the fish was cooked in was tasty (dunked my bread), but I felt that it was just an average meal, not bad, but not the best either. My wife described her meal as "good". My kids finished their chicken fingers, so that's a good thing, LOL.
I was on the fence between an overall rating of 3 & 4. I went with a 3 because my wife and I thought our meals were your standard "good/average". There wasn't anything about the meal that made us feel we must go back there. If there was a 3.5 rating that's exactly what I would give.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

What more do you want, seafood on the water, good quality food, fun staff that actually looked like they were happy to work there. Not our first time, we'll be back again. Great Job guys !

2  Thank Brawnetml