“Excelent place”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,488 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: USD 0 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great time with families and friends. The food was amazing, the service perfect and the place really beautiful.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed 8 October 2018

For a restaurant that touts itself as being seafood centric, this Trulucks misses the mark. A starter of cold shrimp was perfect. Chilled, perfectly cooked, spicy cocktail sauce. However, our entrees were less than adequate especially considering the prices. The $75.00 King Crab entree was terrible. It was grainy and sour. The “melted” butter wasn’t melted at all. The knuckle of the crab leg wasn’t even cracked. We tried to attract the attention of our server to fix the issue but gave up when she couldn’t be found. My son wrestled the crab knuckle apart. My husbands crab cake was mediocre as well. It was actually chilly inside of the crab cake. We were truly disappointed having had superb meals at the Trulucks in Miami and Naples.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank alspat
Reviewed 5 October 2018

The sea food was fresh, well prepared, the service was excellent. the waiter was helpful and knowledgeable and the surroundings were pleasant and elegant. This is a case of getting what you are paying for. If you are not on a budget, and enjoy fresh seafood, I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

One of my favorite places for a special occaision . the food id excellent , service great. the whole atmosphere is special . Will cost a bit for your meal but definitely worth it . I've been there a few times and I do remember a lober bisque that was outstanding . A nice place to ghet dressed up and enjoy a very romantic evening .

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Truluck’s is a high end steak and seafood restaurant located in the north Beach area of Fort Lauderdale. This restaurant is part of a small 11 location chain with locations mostly in Texas and Florida. This restaurant is located a few blocks west of North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. Truluck’s has a business casual dress code so don’t come in wearing a beach outfit. I ate dinner at the Miami location last year so this is the second Truluck’s I have visited (they look similar).

I dined here with a few co-workers on a Wednesday evening in late-August and thought my dinner was fantastic. I ordered oysters as an appetizer and a small filet with parmesan mashed potatoes as the main entrée and I really enjoyed both (the steak was great). The place was not very crowded and we did not have to wait for a table. Our server was both friendly and efficient. The interior of the restaurant is very elegant with expensive white linen tablecloths and nice china.

Overall I really enjoyed my expensive dinner and highly recommend Truluck’s.

Date of visit: August 2018