“Best Day Camp Ever!! ”

Funky Fish Ocean Camp
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 2016 Celebrating 22 years of Funky Fish Fun... Awarded one of the top children's program in the world! Snorkeling Lessons in the pool and shallow ocean, skim alone the shoreline, boogie board in the waves, tie-dye t-shirts at the beach and learn about the amazing coral reef right off-shore. New Paddleboarding Camp 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, Fort Lauderdale! Every Day Year Round 10am-3pm Ages 4-17 Fort Lauderdale Beach Pompano Beach Deerfield Beach Boca Raton Beach Hollywood Beach Cat Cay, Bahamas
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My kids and I came to Florida for the summer from NM for the summer to visit family. I am always looking for great activities suited for my kids adventurous spirits. Let me tell you both my son who is 11 and my daughter who is 5 really loved the funky Fish ocean camp. We went to the one at the Pompano Beach location and the really took to their councilor "Liv".. although both were wonderful and we just loved ❤️❤️. I highly recommend my kids will be returning again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We took our grandson (7). He loved all of the ocean swim time and ocean activities (snorkeling, boogie boarding, skim boarding). The snorkel trip on Friday was awesome! He was so excited to see so many fish, a spotted eagle ray, and a brain coral on the reef. He was thrilled to see the scuba divers and the anchor on the wreck site. It was his first snorkel trip and he can't wait to go again. The supervision of the staff was superb. highly recommend!!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

my daughter
has been going to Funky Fish as part of her Summer and she positively loves it, she is 7 years old 1 of her causins thats 11 also went and also loved beeing there , Im amazed on the way she lost her fears of snorkeling and also how creative she has become with all the cool stuff the super sweet staff has tought her...we have been using the Marriot at Pompano Beach...the owner Sarah super sweet too....We Love Funky Fish!!!!!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter was so excited to attend this camp with a few of our neighbors. Did not disappoint! She now loves to snorkel and refuses to take off her tie die t-shirt. Thank you for the amazing experience! We will be attending this camp next year as well.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We were visiting Miami for a few days, and wanted to sign up my 6.5 year old son to some marine-related camp. Unfortunately, the hotel we stayed in did not offer any.
We found Funky Fish camp for Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately, there were no kids signing up for weekend, so we signed him up for Monday instead.
Yet, Sarah (the owner) remembered that our intent was a weekend, and she called us on Friday to tell that opportunity opened on Sunday.

First, my son did not wanted to go at all, especially when it meant to go to other hotel and drop him there by himself.
Yet, after watching funny Funky Fish video, with kids playing, he changed his mind, and agreed to go.
Unfortunately, we got stuck at the drawbridge, and were late to arrive. Hannah kindly called us to confirm that they are waiting for us. Which was very nice, as we were really worried about missing it, and not knowing where to go.
But, as we arrived there, my son start crying to tell that he does not want to go, and even tried to lock himself in the car.
Hannah came to him, start talking to him and – miracle – he stopped crying and immediately went with her.
When we came around 3 to pick him up, he was very happy. He was proud to make his own color shirt, and actually wanted to stay in that resort to play more. He said he enjoyed both beach games, and lazy river pool, and wanted to go back and play more!
There were four kids total and one teacher (Hannah). She was awesome! The Hotel (Pelican Grande Beach Resort) felt upscale, very clean, and very safe.
So, my son become very happy camper in spite of his initial shyness.