“Old hotel, worn, needs refurbishing. But...the owner and staff are trying hard”

Baymont Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Operated by and Indian family, as are many low priced hotels. Location and price are great for diving off Largo. But every thing is worn, tired, and battered. It is evident that the hotel owner is working with on older property and a minimal budget, but trying hard to make it as best as he can.

Room Tip: Traffic is nosey on the toll road side.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
GMMatthew, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. We sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered during your visit This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring this matter to our attention. We do hope to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

The hotel may look a little funny and strange - definitely not what most people used to - pink walls, funny carpets, flowers - it has a very outdated look - no flat screen TV etc ... But the room were clean, the bathroom were clean and you really get what you paid for in that location :-) The staff was very nice and friendly.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to share this positive experience at our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Don't understand how all these reviews stated how clean and adequate the Econo Lodge was. I've stayed here twice, the April 11th stay is certainly my last. The place is filthy and very poorly managed. It should not be a part of the Choice Hotels group. There was hair in the shower and the bed spreads were dirty. If any hotel is in need of a makeover, this is a worthy candidate.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank sgtjetski
g m, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

We are sorry for your recent experience. That is not typical of our property.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Rooms and public areas were very clean and well maintained! I would recomend this for any need, vacation, business all of the above! My only problem I had called to talk to the manager of the hotel and the front desk first shift attendant was very rude! He wanted to know what I was wanting to talk to the manager about!!! As if he wasn't going to transfer me if it was a complaint. I just had a simple question! Other then that everyone I encountered from second shift front desk to audit to housekeeper was extremely warm and welcoming!!! Personally I think how employees treat you is just as important as clean and comfortable!!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

We appreciate your high rating of our hotel, though I do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced and I hope that your next visit will be even better. I do apologize for the disturbance and we appreciate that you have let us know about this inconvenience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 25 March 2015

I had a great expirience,the front desk in the afternoon is always polite,always willing to help me out,and get everything organized so im comfortable with my stay, It wasnt disgusting,it was very clean and the breakfast was okay,they need to stop watering down the juice, however I had a relaxing retirement Vacation,and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt review of our hospitality and accommodations. We are glad that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service. We are all looking forward to your next visit and hope it will be just as enjoyable.