See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2015

this knights inn is very filthy- upon 2 stays there the bathtubs are NASTY!!! had to go to dollar tree & buy some ajax & mean green to clean bath tubs.on both occassions. some rooms the electrical wires are hanging out from the lights dangling. some no batteries in smoke detector-- foil around the noisey air condtioner. holey ruff laundry but u have to wait for them to wash laundry before u can get any. my son got bedbug bites & a skin infection from that joint!!!. alot of prostitution & drugs, broken alcohol bottles in driveway. trash in drive. garbage overflowing. lazy staff & very rude. holes in the walls stuffed with plastic bags. soiled bed sheets. needs to be closed. met another person in emergency room on 2nd check in for the swellings & infection needed drained. the employee of knights inn also had a bad skin rash all over her also. knights inn told her they would pay the total bill for her.. mattresses ar bed bugged & soiled spots. u just need to see it to believe it. i dont know how they are still in business. for a few more dollars U can go to fairway inn & get a awesome hot breakfast.. speaking of that knights inn breakfast is watered down OJ-- muffin cut in 4 pieces & white toast & coffee that taste like the weekly left overs saved & reheated. so happy tp left there when the police came & referred us to fairway inn. A BIG DIFFERANCE!!!. i would never stay at knights inn for a dollar a night. also the pictures they advertise are from years ago--not up to date at all.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel definitely does not deserve all the bad reviews it has.
There is clearly a concerted effort to refurnish the property and the room I stayed in was a pleasant surprise.

I paid $30 plus tax per night on a summer sale and was definitely pleased with the room for the money.

The outside of the rooms could use a little manicuring to match the inside but overall I felt safe and the inside of the room was well furnished, clean and spacious.

I went to get breakfast around 9:15 AM and there was literally nothing left except for some pieces of bread and jelly. No coffee left and a little bit of orange juice. It appears there were some donuts or muffins earlier… But I did not even expect a breakfast so I certainly don't hold that against them.

If you want a cheap place to stay that is safe and comfortable in the Homestead area, I do recommend this place.

Had I paid more money, I probably would've rated this place average. But taking into consideration the very small cost that I paid to stay here, I would definitely rated as very good.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Harley B
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I really don't think this motel deserve the bad reviews it gets. I've stayed here before, always alone, and never had a problem. This time, I brought my wife, who's much more critical of things than I am. She says the place is OK. Our room is Spartan, but its adequate. For the $40 we paid for it, we got a clean, satisfactory room. The grounds could be cleaner, and there was an a/c unit on the sidewalk outside our room earlier, but so what? The free breakfast was almost non-existant, but if you want a Ritz Carlton experience, it will cost you a lot more than $40. I will come here again when in the area, and would recommend this place for budget travelers. Oh, and lest I forget, the young man at check in helped me with my laptop when I couldn't figure how to get online. Employees here are friendly.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oudi14
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

I'm all for finding the cheapest places I can to stay just a night. Knights Inn isn't a 5 star hotel, or even a 3, but it wasn't that bad. The sheets and comforter were clean, the ecotoilet was recently put in along with a new sink but the towels were old and ratty and there was only soap, no shampoos and conditioners. The area wasn't too bad but some sketchy people did seem to be living at the hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KrystalynnBrynn
Reviewed 28 April 2015

We stayed for one night (2 adults) on Feb.14, 2015 and paid $ 381.00. We had no heat for $381.00 and was told if we wanted heat we should of told them when we made our reservation. It was cold there for this time of the year. Was told last room available. Not true at all. I asked for clean linen and got nothing. Plus we had no hot water. We were not informed that they were repairing the place at all. I would not recommend this place at all. (if we could of found another place we would of stayed some where else)

Room Tip: room was in the middle of a square without the bottom line there
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple