“Hated to leave”
Review of Whale Watch Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagler Beach
Whale Watch Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Our biggest concern in renting at a pet friendly place is the cleanliness. We rented a cottage at the Whale Watch Motel the last few days of December that was spotless. Dishes were clean, we had lots of towels and sheets and pillows and honestly didn't see any dirt or bugs. Yes, the refrigerator had rust on the door, but the inside was pristine. The owner couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating, offering beach chairs or directions or whatever we needed. What would I change? I'd like a firm king size bed and a bigger bathroom. What did I like? Being right across the street from the ocean, the clean cottage, everything worked in the place, and most of all, finding a nice place like this where our dogs were welcome to travel with us. There were several dogs staying at the motel and we never even heard them. Would we return? You bet! Flagler Beach is a nice quiet family beach, and the Whale Watch Motel is a nice quiet family motel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosebudRoswell_GA

Reviewed 15 December 2011

The Beache is the best part. You have to cross the highway to get there. Our room seemed clean. The refrigerator had rust all over it, which we did not have in hotels down the road. The air conditioner was old and noisey, we came across 2 cockroaches in our room around the sink. The bed was clean and the room looked basically clean but the outside was a BIG dissapointment when we arrived. The office was an OLD RUN DOWN place that needed painting and much needed repair. The pool was full of sand and surrounded by weeds. There were ant hills all over the place so you had to watch where you stepped. We stayed 1 night and decided to leave early. For the price we paid of 75.00 per night. We found a much better place down the road for less money. DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY. Look around.

Room Tip: I would never stay here again. There are many other hotels up and down this highway that are much c...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shelly F
Reviewed 23 November 2011

just don't like u do not have a room to smoke in ocean is great

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank susie p
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I think this was our fifth or sixth time at the whale Watch. We brought our two dogs back again. !25 pound Auggie a 5 year old Mastiff and !!5 pound 16 year old labrador retreiver Molly. My names Diana and my husband is Jamie.The owners Patricia and Barry are great people super nice!!!We stayed in number 10 cottage this time. THe cottage was nice and clean the pool was just right cool clean and sparkling. The beach was beautiful. My Mastiff Auggie thought he was king of the whole beach. He galloped he splashed he frollicked with my husband Jamie. We went on walks at the beach at four in the morning sometimes. There is also alot of things to do close by. Lots of parks Bulow ruins Princess Palace Preserve lots of good food around. When we left the Whale Watch Motel our dog Auggie whimpered for over 30 minutes. He was still brooding the next day at home. He had the time of his life and so did we. The Carlson Clan.We are going back September cant wait!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Auggie77
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here 3 times because they take dogs, but it isn't very clean and the owner does always reek of alcohol. Last time the room stank of dog urine. I'm trying out the Beach Front Motel this time.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dreamdiver
WhaleWatchMotel, Owner at Whale Watch Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

I promised myself I wouldn't reply, but I can't help myself anymore.
This woman was unpleasable. She had to stay 3 times to decide she didn't like it here?

"Last time the room stank of dog urine.".
She appraised me of this condition, and as we do accept pets, this condition could occur (although very rare). Bringing a dog herself, she should understand. Myself & Patricia never smelled urine while cleaning the room.

Her comments make me sad. We spend over an hour cleaning rooms, (the industry average is 12 minutes), wash all bedspreads between every guest, Clorox all surfaces,etc. and make rooms are how we would like them to be if we were staying here.

We want every guest to enjoy their stay, and we wanted to make it right for her!
We offered to move her to a different room, but she declined. We offerred to Steam Clean all carpets when she went out for dinner, but no.
She chose to burn "Incence" instead.
Even though our rooms are smoke free, we abliged her. We asked multiple times if everything was satisfactory, she always said everything was fine.

Of over 9,000 guests so far, I'm glad we only have only 17 unhappy (read all of our reviews).

6 months later "Dreamdiver" attacks me personally, and the hotel. I was very surprised. Okay, come back to Flagler Beach w/your dog, it's a beatiful place to vacation. Stay somewhere else.

Barry