“Great location with so much potential!”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Honors member and I was really disappointed with the quality of the room compared to other stays. The room was completely rundown and it smelled stale. The bath tub and shower showed obvious signs of wear. Dust behind all the furniture. Surface cleaning only. Choose this Hotel over the Days Inn, paid extra, and it was not worth it. Should have stayed at the Days Inn. Cheaper and the rooms were comparable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bonitap916
AmeliaHI, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

It was disappointing to review your comments on your experience with us. I am sorry we did not have a chance to speak prior to your departure. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We take pride in the level of guest service we extend to all of our guest here and strive to provide outstanding customer service. It is unfortunate you did not have the opportunity to experience our special brand of Hamptonality.

I take great pride in telling you our hotel is slated for a complete renovation this fall and I do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to prove our commitment to your satisfactory stay when the renovation is complete. Please feel free to contact me personally to assist with making your reservations.
Again, thank you for your candid comments. I look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next visit to our Island.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Hotel dirty. Reception staff not helpful. Waited 10 minutes for a staff member to come to desk to check us in. Finally had to call out for assistance. Staff member was not friendly, appearance was poor; clothes wrinkled, hair not combed. Not a typical Hilton experience. Reception Desk area very dirty.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AmeliaHI, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

I first want to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your visit with our Hampton Inn. Our goal is to provide every guest, every stay a memorable lodging experience and I regret we did not meet yours or our expectations.
I realize that a fresh smelling, clean environment and an appetizing breakfast are essential to a satisfactory stay. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience our oversights might have caused.
Also, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your check-in experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves in our exemplary guest service and obviously that was not your check in experience. I have discussed your experience with our Guest Service staff and will use your experience as an opportunity to better serve all future guests. We strive to exceed guest expectations and it is was disappointing to learn we fail short.
I ask that you give us another opportunity to prove our commitment to your satisfactory stay on your next visit to our Island. Please feel free to contact me personally to help with your reservations.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Let me begin by saying the staff I encountered were very helpful.
The hotel itself needs to be renovated. Our first room smelled like a dog kennel. We were immediately moved to another room.. it was old paint and paper peeling and in the shower one end of the shower racks getting ready to fall off..the sink had mold under the underside and finally the room needed a good cleaning, dust bunnies in corner and on side of bedside stand.

Immediately after checking in we went out so did nothing notice this till late that evening when we returned. Of course the hotel was full so we could not miss move.
As it was we had to leave early because something came up..thank goodness. I travel to the area a lot because of family this place I will cross off my list..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
AmeliaHI, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to provide comments following your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Amelia Island. We take pride in the level of guest service we extend to all of our guests and we value all comments receive d. It is our goal to provide all of our guests a clean well-maintained guest room and it is disappointing to know we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the state of your room. We will pass this information on to the Housekeeping management and use it as learning process to further train our team.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Chose the Hampton because I'm a HH member and got a discount. This hotel was great, we had a king whirlpool suite. The hotel is older but kept in very good care. Breakfast was very good and the food bar was well stocked at all times.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AmeliaHI, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel. It may also interest you to know that we are scheduled to be renovated this fall, so do come back for a visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is conveniently located near the beach, within walking distance. The hotel offers complimentary beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella, beach toys, etc. Just a few minutes from the historic downtown area were restaurants are plentiful and quaint shopping is available. The hotel is scheduled for renovations in November 2017 but capable of accommodations until then. Enjoyed the staff, all were very pleasant and helpful!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AmeliaHI, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
4.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
0.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
3.2 km away
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!