“Birthday dinner”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ash
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Spring rolls, grilled romaine salad and short ribs were all excellent...thanks for the memorable evening..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Went here the other night with my wife and found this a great restaurant! We passed another place up the road playing live music and found if we sat on the porch outside here to eat, you could hear it perfectly!
Quaint house turned into an old south dining establishment with rustic wrap around porch for outside eating! Started off with a Seafood Chowder, which had broken, but still contained some amazing flavors! My wife’s grilled Romaine salad was charred perfectly and delicious along with a Simple Crust of Bread, which was not so simple! Covered in caramelized onions, almonds, mushrooms, and arugula! It was awesome!
Her Scallops and Red Peas were great, with giant scallops that were superbly cooked! But the Red Peas were a bit undercooked and not too appetizing? My Shrimp and Grits were fantastic, but I found too many halved grape tomatoes hindered the dish? Maybe diced up would have been better? Delicious all the same! Chef here knows his stuff and the outdoor ambiance is great for a cool, fall romantic evening!

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Four of us for dinner... One of the best meals we’ve had! The pulled pork Cobb salad: oh my!!! Filling, tasty with flavors and textures.. excellent!
Husband had mussels (the best we’ve had anywhere!), and the smoked trout salad.. (another: oh my!! ) interesting combo of flavors worked very well..
Many oohs and aahs from those who ordered the loaded potato soup, and pickled shrimp, and cooked-to-perfection pork chop.
We live here, and have frequented this restaurant, brought guests, and have never been disappointed...
Indeed a 5 star!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

This has been on my wish list for a few years now based on reviews I’ve read before. We finally were able to get here this year, and it is now a must for all future visits. It’s a cute place in a house on 3rd street off Center St in downtown Fernandina Beach. They do have outside seating, but we ate inside. The food was great! There’s no shortage of Shrimp & Grits here on Amelia Island, but there’s had a really great flare, with sausage. Loved it! For dessert, my wife and I shared the Coffee and Donuts. This is a glazed donut bread pudding served with mocha ice cream, served out of a coffee mug...very cool. Our server was awesome too! Very attentive, and was very helpful with recommendations. We’ll be back in March for round two.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We having been coming to Amelia Island for over 5 years and how did we miss this wonderful restaurant !!!!! Our server, Mark, is one of the best in this catagory....very thorough and knowledgeable... and had great personality!!!
The salad was good but our dinners were 5 stars... fried shrimp & stone grits.not all shrimp fried ... some shrimp sautéed in a cream sauce... and the other meal was a sweet tea pork chop and Mac and cheese... with a twist with jam in the Mac and cheese...
All I can say is .... can’t wait to go back!!!