“Made our night! (Maybe even our week)”
Review of Le Clos

Le Clos
Price range: USD 0 - USD 40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Without a reservation and walking in at 8:45, we were greeted graciously and given a quiet corner table. The service was great. Professional, courteous and welcoming! (It was Mitsy or Missy..My apologies for not remembering but you were AWESOME!)
The food was soooo good! Simple (and that is a huge compliment in today’s culinary world of Chefs trying to be overly creative)
We started with the escargot and it was fantastic. (Make sure to use the great bread to soak up ALL the garlic butter. Yummm) I had the Caesar and my wife had the Clos salad.....both perfect. (And the fact they offer 1/2 salad for $4.50 is a phenomenal value). My scallops were cooked perfectly and my wife’s Halibut special was spot on. Too full for desert, but had a cappuccino and espresso (and a Port) All great. (Hearty full bodies espresso)
This was a quality meal at a very reasonable price, in a charming setting served by a great wait staff. After a few days of fried seafood, this is exactly the kind of meal we needed!

Great experience. Love this restaurant.

Thank you!!

Great experience and value.

3  Thank Clarzemanchamp

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have eaten here for 3+ years, and our family & guests are NEVER disappointed.
ANY of their fresh fish or lamb dishes are always everyone's favorite around the table when we all dine. The escargot are the BEST ever!
Yes it is close quarters and folks are chatty - we're celebrating!
If you want a memorable meal - enjoy Le Clos!

1  Thank bofftckcc
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had been to Le Clos once before—in February of 2017—And had a wonderful meal. But it was evident last night that they were totally unprepared for the crowd that hit them. The room was filled to capacity and the noise was overwhelming. My friend ordered the special—halibut—and I ordered the duck breast. It took at least 30 minutes to get a piece—one piece!— of bread and another 30 minutes to get our salads and then our food. My friend’s piece of halibut was small and over cooked and my duck breast was covered in a gloppy gravy. The mashed potatoes that came with each were thin and runny. The wine was good—and at $14 for my glass of Pouilly Fuisse, I would have expected no less—and the creme brûlée was excellent. But the tab—at $90-plus for each of us—was just excessive for what we got. The ambiance of the place is nice, but the food and the service need work. Not a good value, and not going back.

4  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Made reservations on rather short notice [2 days].Asked for 6:30 PM, but settled for 6:15. Not a big deal. Informed them it was our 52 wedding anniversary. They asked if I wanted them to acknowledge this and I said "OK". Seating was prompt. Table for 2 by a side window. Spouse had a glass of wine and I asked for a sparkling water. I received a whole 1 liter bottle. Spouse and I each had a starter and split a small Caesar salad. Salad was great. Spouse had the seafood special and I had the scallops. Both were very good. We passed on dessert. I think the spouse had 1 coffee. I worked on the fizzy water.Server was very attentive, but because of the way the tables were arranged, the servers had to walk the entire length of the restaurant AND back to get to our table in a corner near the kitchen.Total came to just over $100. Maybe a bit pricey.
Biggest complaint was the noise level. Of course we were seated next to a party of 6. I think some well placed drapes or curtains on some walls would do a lot to alleviate this problem. I finally wound up taking my hearing aids out to cut down on some of the noise.Would have rate it 4*, except for the noise.
P.S. Anniversary never acknowledged.

1  Thank flyplayne
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a pleasant evening at Le Clos with chilled vichyssoise,fabulous flounder, and creme brûlée . Reasonably priced for fine dining in charming old home in Fernandina historic district.