“Excellent Food and Service!”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Price range: USD 29 - USD 31
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were passing through Amelia Island for one night and decided to go to Joe’s for dinner. We were delighted - the food was very well-prepared and delicious and the service was impeccable. My wife had the risotto and I had the linguini with shrimp and scallops. Both were excellent.

2  Thank ChuckCIII
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Ate last evening at this restaurant with three friends and we all found the food to be delightful. The Chef knows have to prepare delicious food that looks as good as it tastes. We had shrimp and grits. Snapper, braised beef and each and every meal was so tasty we were somewhat devastated when we were finished.

Most of the staff was cordial and attentive, our waiter being one exception, but not enough to spoil
a quality meal.

Try it, I think you will like it.

1  Thank 46middle
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I know the restaurant can not tell people to use their inside voices but maybe fewer tables in a small area would help. The table of 6 next to us was so very loud. The food was nice not great. I had shrimp and grits and it was seasoned with cumin perhaps, not sure, but it was red and over powering. I wouldn’t have known the shrimp were there if I had not seen them. Could not taste them. The grits were creamy and good. My husband had a filet and it was tender and cooked perfectly. The bread pudding was recommended, but it was bready and not anything to write home about. Our server was nice and the cocktails were good. I’d come again if in the area but probably would try another restaurant first.

1  Thank Susan642013
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

The service and the Seafood Linguini (copious amounts of scallops and shrimp) was excellent...try it..you'll be very happy

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We dined at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro for lunch while on vacation on Amelia Island. What a great experience - the food and service were superb! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2018