“Not worth the $$”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Price range: USD 29 - USD 31
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for lunch. They were not crowded, yet we waited almost 30 mins for a burger and a grilled chicken sandwich. When my sandwich came (grilled chicken caprese), luckily I lifted the bread. There was pesto slathered all over it. It does not state on the menu that there is pesto on this sandwich. The problem is, I am highly allergic to nuts, which their pesto does contain (I asked before I took a bite)!!! I asked to speak with the manager, who tried to blame our waitress. He apologized, but wasn’t trying to make up for their (what could’ve been) horrific mistake. The replacement chicken was dry and tasteless. The manager then said they’d comp my meal. Poor customer service! Mediocre food.

1  Thank Stefanie S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Small portion for lunch salads- I did ask it was an appetizer
Fried chicken salad was dried and cold and super small. Truly pathetic salad.
Server was loud and distracting.
Kids running in courtyard for entire lunch - hard to control that but don’t go expecting quiet.
Not a relaxing place
Was good in past years but too much to choose from now.

1  Thank Mitzme
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Service was excellent. My salmon BLT and shrimp and grits were very good. I will come back and try it for dinner soon.

1  Thank 107bg
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Positives - they take reservations, the salmon fillet was delicious, and the service was very good.
Negatives - I thought it was rather loud for such a small place, the drink I ordered was REEEAAALY sweet, and because grouper isn’t in season, the grouper entree my husband ordered had been substituted with another fish...one that we had been told we “probably wouldn’t even notice the difference”...we did! It was basically tasteless and was not the consistency of a grouper fillet much at all.
All in all, with all of the great places to eat in this beautiful city, I won’t be spending another $100 at this place again.

1  Thank Shelli H
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Food is fantastic - prime rib & grouper are my favorites. Located in downtown the food and ambience make for a wonderful evening.

Date of visit: February 2018