All reviews sticky buns historic district front porch pool and hot tub happy hour amelia island white noise machine frittata other guests b bs thought of everything cocktail hour house is beautiful within walking distance breakfast was amazing three night stay location was perfect
Reviewed 25 November 2015

My wife and I recently spent two pleasant nights at the Hoyt House. We chose this B&B based on a favorable review of their website.Our room was nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. So far so good. Unfortunately, our second story room faced a busy intersection with tractor trailers running back and forth to a paper factory during most of the day and night. The noise was aggravating as we had expected peace and quiet. Yes, we would definitely come back but will request a different room. When making reservations, I suggest that you inquire about the location of whichever room you choose. I also suggested to the owner that she might make some mention of this on the website.

Room tip: Ask about proximity to the busy intersection.
Date of stay: November 2015
2  Thank SAILORPETEMIAMI
Reviewed 12 November 2015

My husband chose this B&B based on a Google search. It turned out to be a wonderfully, delightful get away. Love the house and it's rich history. The Inn keepers are so kind and friendly. Our breakfasts were delicious. Loved the wrap around porch. Convenient to the village area and the beaches too.

Room tip: We stayed in the Oliver room.
1  Thank Hairofthecat
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Hoyt house on Nov6 - Nov.8 for our 41st wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time, the house is wonderful, the breakfast and services incredible, the staff couldn't be friendlier and helpful. The historic district was great. We would definetely love to return and surely recommend it!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alicia u
Reviewed 2 November 2015

My wife and I were looking for a romantic place to celebrate our anniversary and I stumbled upon the Hoyt House in Amelia Island. We had never stayed at a B&B before, so we were a little nervous, but after reading the reviews we decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, we were THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED!!! As someone who works in the hotel industry, I can be pretty particular about were I stay. The staff and accommodations at the property well exceeded my expectations. The location was perfect and allowed us to take a quick walk to all of the fun downtown, but also be close enough to take a short bike ride to the beach. The room was perfect. We needed a room that was pet friendly and the one they had made our dog's visit as enjoyable as ours. The breakfast and complimentary drink were both much better than expected as well. But the one thing that truly made the stay special was the quality of the staff. Everyone was so nice and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

We will definitely be going back!!!

1  Thank MJM65cu
Reviewed 12 October 2015

The Hoyt House is a beautiful house that was built in 1905. The staff was extremely accommodating to our wishes and everyone we met was very friendly. It is close to Centre Street and the many shops the area has available. We had a wonderful time and plan on returning!

1  Thank Carrie H