1,580 results
All reviews fire pit two bedroom suite full kitchen putting green amelia island nature trail creek greenway small kitchen free shuttle free breakfast two blocks walking distance to the beach hot tub great place to stay breakfast area short drive clean hotel
Reviewed 8 November 2018

We used the Residence Inn as our family's home base during my son's wedding weekend. It was spectacular. The staff and facilities are top notch. Breakfast in the morning is expansive and the attendants are friendly and always keeping the area clean and well stocked. Loved the fire pit in the evenings where we all gathered and enjoyed some relaxing time. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Hi thenfamily -

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and our hotel. I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us as well as any future guests who may check out our TripAdvisor site! I hope everything went smoothly for your son's wedding, as I am sure it was a beautiful event. Please come see us again should your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a girls weekend. The hotel is in a great location, 4 block walk to the beach and restaurants nearby. The hotel is clean and quiet and rooms are spacious . I booked in April and requested via phone , a room with 2 beds plus a pullout since there were theee women staying. As a platinum member , at check in I was upgraded to an executive suite with only a king bed and pullout available. I wasn’t informed it was an upgrade u til I said I had booked for three beds and the clerk informed me none were available and I was upgraded to an executive room. The best part of our stay was the excellent breakfast and the excellent ladies who manage the breakfast room. They were pleasant, cheerful and constantly asked if you needed anything. The breakfast had several options both hot and cold. They served eggs, waffles, sausage , bacon , cheese, nuts , fresh fruit , cereal, oatmeal, juices , coffee , soy , almond and skim milk. Very complete. There is a nice outdoor pool and hot tub and a small fitness center. Free parking on property is available. There were some service issues, our room was never cleaned and the bed issue so I can only give it an average rating. I did share my feedback with the hotel who offered me a discount if I ever return there which is disappointing response as a Platinum elite Marriott Rewards member.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Hi Bes9002-

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel with us. I have taken the issues you experienced during your stay back to our team members to make sure additional steps are taken so these do not occur again. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the breakfast staff. They are one of a kind and we are lucky to have them. I do hope that your travels will bring you back to our area so we can provide you with a problem free stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I should like to advise out-of-towners looking for lodging that is not only affordable but, more relevant than that, hospitable and simply elegant ! The general manager from Germany is quite an asset: She booked all my family, put them fashionable rooms, offered discounts, and arranged for varying lengths of stay.Typical German she was both intelligent and attractive ! Bravo ! For a very pleasant visit it behooves you to stay here.
P.S., their breakfast buffet is fantastic and is altered from morning to morning.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Excursion825210,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff. I am so pleased that you have shared your experience with us and future guests. I hope your family thoroughly enjoyed the stay and look forward to you all coming and visiting us again should your travels bring you back our way. I will also pass along your kind words to Claudia. She is truly a gem and we are lucky to have her on our team.

In Hospitality,

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Pleasantly surprised with wonderful room and welcome by receptionst Jen, The warm breakfast was the best we have ever had. The breakfast staff were great. Enjoyed the early (6:00 a.m.) breakfast bar opening. It was no wonder there were many governent groups and business folks there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Jen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Dear Wes M,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jen was able to provide you with a warm welcome at your arrival. Our breakfast staff go above and beyond to make sure you and other guests have the best experience possible. I hope you will come back and visit us soon on Amelia Island!

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We fled Hurricane Michael, and were relieved to find that space was available at this hotel, where we've stayed several times before in the past. Our experience here at this property has always been pleasant. We now have a dog, so fleeing a hurricane and bringing our dog along complicates booking, so bedding down at this familiar place was an extra relief. I would candidly say that the property could use a little updating -- some new grout, for example. But I have also noticed over time some positive changes. Changes in the plumbing fixtures, changing the venting for the bathrooms so that switching on the light does not automatically switch on a noisy fan. Importantly for us, they no longer use disposable styrofoam plates and bowls, a big improvement environmentally. Staff here have always been faultlessly friendly and helpful.

If you are traveling with your family, the suite setup is helpful, but the bathroom sink is in the same space at the beds, so getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and wash your hands could disturb your sleeping family. I would recommend getting one of the rooms near the public bathrooms on the first floor (which are always clean) so you can go in the middle of the night without waking up everyone else.

1  Thank yvrkids
Jen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear yvrkids,

We are so glad that we could provide a place for you and your family to stay during Hurricane Michael. Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and our property. We strive to keep our property up to date and are glad you have noticed the positive changes we are making at the hotel. We hope that everything back home is safe and sound after the storm and look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to our area.