1,185 results
All reviews kayak tour everglades national park shark valley indoor pool place to stay continental breakfast stayed one night hard boiled eggs fresh fruit room was large airboat alligators florida lodging accommodations irma fishing
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a kayak tour through The Ivey House and it was brilliant. Our guide DJ was really knowledgable, we saw lots of wildlife and the route was a lovely combination of open water through to deeper in the mangrove swamps. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The Ivey House is clean and simple. Staff are courteous. They have a laundry room where you can wash and dry your clothes but no drop-off & pick-up-later service. Their breakfast buffet is pretty standard. They have a gift shop but it does not include things you might need, such as bandaids or a snack.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I have stayed at the Ivey House 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed our stay but this 3 night stay was disappointing.. Having sympathy since they got hit by Hurricane Irma 5 months before I was expecting things to be not so perfect. My first complaint was the breakfast which I always raved out to others was sub-par. The fruit (watermelon and orange slices only) was limited and the watermelon was tasteless. The eggs were terrible. My second complaint was that after making a reservation for 3 nights they insisted we check out of our room on the third day because they overbooked(luckily I had a copy of our email confirmation and I refused to leave!). If the manager had offered another room somewhere else or compensation for a dinner we would have left but nothing from the manager just insistence that I leave. She was rude and very unprofessional. I'm hoping things will improve...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank PattyandEdP
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I booked a room 11 months in advance for our Everglades vacation. Evidently Ivey House suffered hurricane damage and cancelled our reservation but failed to inform us of the cancellation and never refunded our $226 deposit. We learned this at check-in. They turned us away and made no effort to find us a room elsewhere or to buy us dinner or compensate us in any way. We were told we could use their free Wi-Fi to find our own lodgings. Had to travel 2 hours to Homestead for a room that night. I had even emailed them a week before our trip asking a question about whether the room had a hair dryer and they emailed back and told me yes they had hair dryers. That would have been a good time for them to mention there was no room for a hairdryer to be in. Very unprofessional!

6  Thank Lori G
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Really wanted to love this place, but it fell short in a few areas. Our room was spacious and clean. Saw a few tiny ants in bathroom and in the Ivey House notebook. But they are clearly cutting corners. And for the price we paid, only a few dollars less than the luxurious B and B we stayed at in St. Augustine, it was a disappointment. Breakfast was ok. There were a few hot offerings...potatoes, sausages. They could have gone the extra step and put out a microwaved omelette like they do at other hotels. Watermelon served both days was kind of soggy. Caulking around bathroom sink was badly peeling. Front desk guy was not particularly friendly when we checked in, and he handed us over to a young lady, who did the deed. I think they can get away with less than stellar accommodations at these rates because there are slim pickings in Everglades City. The screen-enclosed swimming pool, which we didn't use because of chilly weather, seemed nice and clean. There are too many rules and regulations posted around...not very friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple