All reviews old florida st george island allow pets small kitchen room was clean would stay again peacocks roam apalachicola relaxation laptop tub
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Sportsman several
times. The rooms are very old and have a very retro homey feel. The rooms are clean clean clean. You will not find this kind of clean at chain hotel. If you are looking for fancy this place is not for you. If you are looking for clean , friendly and reasonable you found your place.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snorris-0513
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We visited this place and brought our camper. The staff is nice, but the vibe is just weird. The water is not fit for anything and smells strongly of sulfur. The view is nice as long as you are looking at the bay and not the establishment. The grounds are not maintained and it stinks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

As I was walking to the Motel office from my car I felt a weird vibe. I should have followed that vibe back in to the car and drive far away! A bunch of old creepy men standing around the property. I couldn't tell if they lived there or just locals that hang out there. The place is run down with no real organization or parking area. Peacocks roam the grounds. Owner was nice but seemed a bit overwhelmed at check in. The room was clean and neat. I didn't sleep at all with the peacocks yelling all night and a bed that sank to the floor. I felt like I was going to be kidnapped in the middle of the night and be made into pork sausage. The only reasons I stayed was my Partner wanted to stay and a few Bud Lights helped me along the way.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Our room faced west on the water. Great, beautiful view of the sunset. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The peacocks and other friendly animals running around the property was a bonus. The owners were friendly and very helpful. Close to beautiful beaches, live entertainment, mini putt, and great restaurants.

Stayed: May 2017
4  Thank Hank P
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I loved Sportsmans Lodge. Clean and comfortable. Slept like a baby. Loved the peacocks and squirrels. Owners are very nice people. Beautiful sunsets on the Bay. Close to everything. Beaches at St. George Island is right across the bridge. Cap San Blas 40 min drive and worth the drive. Got to eat at the Pesky Pelican. Can watch Sunrise and Sunset from deck and great food. We have 2 more trips booked to stay here in May and July. I can't wait.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple