“Relies a little too much on its great location”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Reserve with OpenTable
Bon Appetit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 178 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Cafe with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The waterfront location in the lovely town of Dunedin is excellent. The food was good, but, for the price other restaurants may be better. Handicapped access is below a reasonable level for the year 2017.
There is no safe access route for pedestrians from the town. The sidewalk ends at the start of their property and requires non-drivers to use car lanes and move behind cars to get to the front door. In addition, their response to providing handicapped bathroom access involves a small elevator rather than putting in a passive ramp configuration. . It feels like they chose the lowest cost ways that they could find to satisfy minimum ADA requirements.
They could be so much better than they are.

Christian S, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

We are currently undergoing a remodeling phase and are adding a new and updated Handicap Stair climber with a wheel chair platform attached. This project should be concluded within the next couple of weeks.

We hope to see you soon again.

Manager / Bon Appetit Restaurant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The location is beautiful, and the sunset was amazing. The average age in this restaurant must be 70yrs old! This is not a place I would bring kids.

Some of the food was good, for the price we paid it should have been exceptional. We had a crab bisque that was very good. The grouper, however, was way over cooked. The lamb was over cooked, too thinly sliced and just not very high quality. The steak was prepared well.

Come here to watch the sunset and order the crab butternut squash bisque.

2  Thank Pppmomof3

We are sorry to learn that your recent visit with us was less then perfect. We always like to encourage our Guests to tell us at the time of visit if something is not to their liking, that way we have an opportunity to correct potential issues on the spot. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

kind regards,

manager / Bon Appetit

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I walked into this restaurant thinking it would be a casual place on the water and a good place to spend a few bucks on some seafood. I was insanely wrong. This place is a fancy diner that doesn’t really look the such. I was the only one in the restaurant that dressed casual. But this place was good. They had a piano player in the background to set the mood and the beautiful view that is a wonderful place to watch the sunset. When it came to the food, they did not have as much selection as I would have liked. But, the bread was good, and the starters and salads were good. When it came time to order dinner, I ordered a 14 oz. ribeye. It was DELICIOUS. I was blown away so far I was now in China. This is a wonderful place to spend some time eating a meal. I rated it a 4/5 because the service wasn’t the greatest, and the prices were high. I also heard that not all the dishes on the menu were as good as my steak. I would say that I would definitely come back again and that people should try this place out. Just come prepared for the atmosphere and don’t dress casual like me :).

1  Thank themilehiman

Thank you for your recent visit and review. Our typical atmosphere dress code inside the Restaurant is typically resort casual. Alternatively we also serve the same menu on our Terrace with beautiful Water side views.
We hope to see you soon again at Bon Appetit.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We came for sunset, and it was lovely. The view was great, but very formal. We came in thinking it was casual and we came to a pianist and a very formal diner. The fillet mignon was good, but other things were over cooked. I would NOT go inside with a family with children.

1  Thank CPTeen

Thank you for your recent visit and review. Our typical atmosphere inside the Restaurant is typically resort casual and kids are always welcome. Alternatively we also serve the same menu on our Terrace with beutiful Water side views.
We hope to see you soon again at Bon Appetit.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Bon Appetit is a lovely restaurant, with great views and a pleasant wait-staff. The food is delicious, promptly served, and worth every penny. The sweetbreads are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My only negative is the drinks, which were surprisingly disappointing considering how great the food is. If I had stuck with water this would have been a five star experience, but the Watermelon East Side was really one of the worst drinks I’ve had anywhere. I’ll definitely be back to Bon Appetit, but I’ll be sticking to water next time.

Christian S, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We are sorry to learn that your recent visit with us has not been positive. We always like to encourage our Guests to tell us at the time of visit if something is not to their liking, that way we have an opportunity to correct potential issues on the spot. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

kind regards,