“Best sunset/seafood bar in Destin”
Review of The Surf Hut

The Surf Hut
Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Surf Hut, the newest restaurant addition to the South Walton, Destin/Miramar Beach area. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view! This brand new, open air restaurant is located directly on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and is the place to be all year long! The Surf Hut has a menu that goes far beyond your typical 'beach fare' and adds a little surfer flare to a cuisine that includes Seafood, Oysters and St. Louis Style BBQ! Kids meals are served in a take home souvenir frisbees and we've got a custom game area on the beach where you can grab a game of corn hole while you watch the waves and sip a delicious signature frozen libation from our full bar! Whether you're looking for a place for lunch while you're enjoying the beach, a local spot to get fresh from the Gulf seafood, date night or a family friendly place to bring the kids, The Surf Hut has got something for everyone! Boogie on down to The Surf Hut, enjoy the food, the fun and the waves! See you soon!
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Make sure you get there for the awesome winter sunsets! Fish tacos and Cajun shrimp with grits (special) were incredible. David (Brown) was our waiter and he was awesome. Happy hour drink prices were reasonable. Be sure to sit outside but, bring a jacket if you're cold-blooded. Highly recommend this eating and drinking establishment.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,855)

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We visit this area once a year and always come here. This year, as we drove in, we noticed the parking area is paved with pavers and looks great.

Then, when we walked in, we could see that the interior has been updated and looks absolutely great. They did a fantastic job without taking away their ambiance and energy.

Our lunch was beyond incredible. My husband and I both had their special, fresh caught cobia fish. I had mine blackened and my husband had it grilled. I cannot describe how fantastic it is. Plus, their homemade tartar sauce is exceptional.

For our sides, we had both had their Parmesan cheese grits and it is divine - best we ever had. I had their sautéed veggies and my husband the roasted corn. Oh my, fantastic.

Probably the best part was our server, David Brown. He made our dining experience the most fun. Wish we could take everything - and David - with us back home.

The only thing I would recommend is that they have some kind of chocolate dessert

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

The shrimp and grits...yumm-o! We try not to order the same dish when we go to restaurants, so we can try the other's food, but we both got the shrimp and grits this trip and we were not disappointed!

1  Thank Starr C. R
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Visiting the area for a girl's weekend get away.

Stopped our first night in town. The beach house we rented was right on the beach so we were able to walk the beach to the restaurant.

We got a table in the back. Plenty of seating for bigger groups so you can all sit together.

The food was really good. All of us enjoyed what we ordered.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I ordered the fish tacos and these were amazing! So full of fish and lots of fixings. Make sure you ask for extra napkins, because it is a messy eat, but well worth it. Nice atmosphere right on the beach. Really enjoyed it.

1  Thank Jolie57