“Great rooms, questionable service”

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Wife and i stayed here with our two children recently. We had a two bedroom unit which turned out to be more than we really needed since there was also a bunk bed room that the kids absolutely loved. So the other BR went unused. Plenty of space. Very nice new kitchens. Beautiful bathrooms. Location is pretty nice. Lots to do nearby. Only downside was the service. Front desk staff not attentive. And housekeeping couldn't be bothered to come clean our room until I called and complained. They only came once during our three night stay after being prompted. Their excuse was that they were very busy. Anyway, for what you get, I would likely go back if we had occasion to do so.

• Stayed: December 2011
7  Thank ncdvl
Victoria W, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear brianfnc,

Thank you for submitting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our amenities. However, I am displeased to hear about your experience with the service. I apologize that some important things went unlooked during your stay and if you would like to discuss more in detail of some of the issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Love this place and come here all the time with friends and family. The water is beautiful, and everything you could possibly need is within walking distance. The staff are all really friendly and the units are extremely nice and well kept. The only problems we've had are with some of the units we've rented in the East tower - there's no hot water. This has happened 3 times over the last two years in two different units, 605 and 607. No matter how many times we've called maintenence, and they do eventually come and tell you the matter is handled and it never is. This is obviously something that isn't going to get better so we'll just try to stay in the West wing in the future. The only other negative thing I could say would be about the spa. I had a facial there and it was fine but I've had several other services there and would say that the experience with the desk staff and therapists have made me decide to go to another day spa here in Destin. It's a shame because it's so much more convenient to stay here on the grounds but of all the spas I've visited, I would say that this one is the worst. Other than that, the Emerald Grande is a bargain and a really wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: see comments
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank BethStewartLenoir

Dear BethStewartLenoir,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize about the hot water problems you have experienced the last couple of times during your stays. Our maintenance team has been working very hard with the local water company to resolve this issue.

I also noticed you had an issue with the spa and if you would like to talk to me about this privately or anything else please feel free to call me directly at (850) 424-0631 or email me at vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was a great place and I would return. We were part of a group meeting so all of our meals were to off the menu but the food was fine. The suites were excellent. Had a 3 bedroom corner unit that looked brand new and everything was in working order. Staff treated us well and was very friendly and helpful.

None of the horrible things listed in some of the reviews happened to us and I am already planning a return visit.

I only wish the property was on a beach, but a shuttle can get you there. Plenty of things to do, and eat in walking distance.

The property was laid out in a confusing manner so getting around from one side to the other is a pain. If you are staying here with a group make sure to ask for your rooms in the same tower.

Room Tip: The corner suites have a large balcony with a dining table on it. Great for outside eating and drink...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Longhorns83
Victoria W, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Longhorns83,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Next time you come back to visit I recommend you asking our reservationists for one of our corners on the south end of the property. They have the large wrap-around balconies with less noise.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Emerald Grande Harbor Walk Village in Destin, Fla. and look forward to returning. The staff was utmost professional and courteous. They set up for me to make a deep-sea fishing trip. All I had to do was walk out of the hotel down to the docks to meet the boat. Everything went extremely well and we had a wonderful time.

John N. Felsher
Winter Springs, Fla.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jfelsher
Reviewed 1 November 2011

had a wonderful time while staying here at the Emerald Grande the room was very well kept and clean the staff was very helpful and polite, I will be back to stay here again sometime in the near future

Room Tip: stay up on the nineth floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business