“Excellent fun in Destin”

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Orlando, Fla.
“Excellent fun in Destin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Emerald Grande Harbor Walk Village in Destin, Fla. and look forward to returning. The staff was utmost professional and courteous. They set up for me to make a deep-sea fishing trip. All I had to do was walk out of the hotel down to the docks to meet the boat. Everything went extremely well and we had a wonderful time.

John N. Felsher
Winter Springs, Fla.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jfelsher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Korean first
APOPKA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

had a wonderful time while staying here at the Emerald Grande the room was very well kept and clean the staff was very helpful and polite, I will be back to stay here again sometime in the near future

Room Tip: stay up on the nineth floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We had such a wonderful experience we are going back for my birthday. The decor of the condo we were in was beautiful but the view was amazing. And just for us (I'm sure) they had fireworks. I can see why the Grande stay booked. Loved it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanna T
Victoria W, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear Joanna T,

Thank you for submitting your kind review. We are glad you were able to enjoy the fireworks display. We're glad to hear that you and your family had a great time and we look foward to seeing you on your birthday.

Best regards,
Victoria
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I decided to stay at this property based on the 5 stars review on this website despites some of the recent negative reviews in July, 2011. I thought after those bad reviews, the management and the service at this property will improve by the time we arrive.

The reservation receptionist was terrible when we checked in at the hotel. Customer service was horrible. Management was terrible and unreasonable. They did not know or even want to please their customers. Even after you gave them a complaint, they would deny their wrong doings and acted like they did everything correctly.

If you want to stay at this place, take a video camera and videotape everything if you want proof of your complaint. Also, do not expect to send your complaint to the top management because after several going around in the circle, no one can tell me who owns this property. From some google search, I thought the property was taken over by the Wyndham Vacation Clubs. But after several contacts, no one wants to give me the correct information of who their president, board of advisor, or their investors are to send my complaints.

I even contacted my attorney and the advise is...since the property is in Florida, I might as well forget about filing a lawsuit to claim my money back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not in the back somewhere...if you are a Bookit.com customers.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jbn60
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear jbn60,

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay with us. I did notice from some of your other reviews that the stay you are describing is from back in August during the Emerald Cost Poker Run, also referred to as boat week. I would like to apologize for the reception you recieved upon arriving at our property. All of management, myself included, find that as unacceptable, and that type of welcoming does not reflect the culture we have created at Emerald Grande.

As far as management being terrible and unreasonable, I wish there were some examples of why you felt this way, but from reading your review I could not figure out what happened. I am not a shy person, and always try to make myself available to meet with any guest that would like to speak to me, and I can confidently say that all other members of our management team are the same way. I have also left my name, email address and telephone number in several reviews on this website in order for people to contact me. I have no doubt in my mind that if something was brought to my attention, or you requested to speak with me, then one of our team members would have contacted me immediately to meet with you.

Again, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the welcome you recieved upon your arrival, and I truly wish that we could have met sooner to discuss your stay. If you would like to contact me please feel free to call me at 850.424.0631 or email me directly at jroberts@legendaryinc.com.

Best,

JP Roberts
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We have been traveling to Destin for over 18 years and with a family it is easier to rent a condo vrs. a hotel room. We have stayed at several different properties over the years, but last year had a problem at the condo we normally stay at, so this year we decided to try Emerald Grande. Everything in the condo was high end from kitchen appliances to beds. We had a great stay and we took advantage of the special fall rate and the price was cheaper than anywhere we have ever stayed in Destin, but we got alot more for our money. At the end of the day when we would return to our room, our beds would be made, bathrooms and kitchen cleaned, the dishwasher loaded and had been run. This is a BIG plus after a long day of fishing or at being at the beach. Will stay here many more times.

Room Tip: If you are concerned with noise request a room not facing the harbor and ocean but facing the bay on...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank slsiddall
Dear slsiddall,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the Rodeo. We look forward to seeing you for next year's Rodeo!

Best regards,