“Located in a busy area”

Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Close to many shops and not to far from the seaside. Parking close to the entrance and free. Room quality was rather average, staff was friendly. Very nice room to have the (free) breakfast. Everything was all right.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel before and we liked it, so we stayed here again.
The room seemed to be ok when we arrived, until the second day my 3 year old daughter asked me if she could eat an m&m she found on the floor, once I took a look at it it was a pill that did not belong to us. We don't carry any medication, so who knows who did it belong to.
This is a very serious issue to me because I have 2 kids and I do not think its ok to find stuff like that anywhere. I have family that has been hospitalized because of accidental poisoning.

I did not like the breakfast at this hotel. It was all bad, from the bacon to the pastries.

The area around is still very nice. Loved to go for walks with my kids.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nhm13
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel in February 2012 and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is very nice, clean and well maintained. It is near a lot of shopping and restaurants. The person at the front desk was very welcoming and attentive when we arrived. We were kind of tired and had been driving all day so did not want to drive any distance for dinner. Luckily, there is an Applebee's right beside the hotel and it was very nice. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a rate which included breakfast so we availed ourselves of the breakfast area in the morning. The food was good and the staff was very nice. Checkout was a breeze. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Destin area on business or on vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DRMIZZOU
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I travel in the area for business, so please know this review is not reflective for vacationers. Only way this hotel would be better is if it was located on the beach! Otherwise, the hotel is near some great dining, shopping, outlet shopping, and for vacationers-seems pretty close to the beach areas. I've stayed twice for business and have enjoyed the free parking, comfortable rooms, location to dining/shopping, and access to nearby cities. No reason that I wouldn't return to this property when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank srjuris
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Disclaimer: I am a "local" so this is not a vacation getaway for me!
This Courtyard is very nice - clean, fresh, and as others have stated, located near lots of great shopping and attractions. As usual with the Marriott brand, I was not disappointed by the quality of the property.
What was unusual was how we were treated. When I first entered the lobby, I received a wrm welcome. Soon after, I was disappointed. It seems the credit card I put the reservation in months ago had expired - despite receiving numerous emails about this reservation, no one ever contacted me about this issue. So my reservation was bumped- and instead of a chance at a balcony room on New Years Eve for this rewards member, I am shoved into a ground floor handicapped room.
Then the breakfast buffet- well, nice spread, but as soon as the waitress noticed my voucher, I was completely ignored for 15 minutes, as I sat waiting for coffee.
So beautiful hotel, great location....but they really need to work on customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LaLaRN
Travellers also viewed these Destin hotels
0.3 km away
3.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
12 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!