Nantucket Rainbow Cottages
  • Pool
USD 343
USD 332
Hampton.com
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
USD 254
USD 435
USD 400
EmbassySuites.com
USD 257
USD 239
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
USD 289
  • Beachfront
USD 369
USD 299
Home2.com
All reviewsthe cottagesupstairs unitcrystal beachneighborhood feelshort walkdestin commonsfresh painthigh rise condosa wonderful staypaper towelsbeach accesshotel roomresortquestfurniturestovevacationtp
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Family of 3 stayed in 9A, cute condo & excellent location. 5 min walk to the beach was a plus for our son. Condo was close to allot of great restaurants & attractions. The condo had everything we needed (silverware, plates, etc). We arrived very late but resort quest made our check in easy & convenient. The condo could've been cleaner, you could see the dust sitting on the blinds & sitting on the walls in the master bedroom. Overall our stay was good and I'd recommend staying in these cottages.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at Nantucket Rainbow Cottages. It is not my first choice, but it is great if you have children. It's not directly located on the beach, but there is a public beach access walkway across the street. The cottages have one bedroom, two bunk beds, located next to the one bathroom and a sleeper sofa. These cottages are setup similar to a duplex with an up and downstairs. If you are a light sleeper, make sure you rent the UPSTAIRS unit. If you rent downstairs it sounds like the renters above you are WWE wrestling at all hours of the night. I would also suggest renting a unit further from the pool, as the pool hours are not strictly enforced. Otherwise this cottage was the most reasonably priced place I could find in Destin during peak season. Our kids absolutely LOVED it!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I would give this place 5 stars if it were a little bigger for the price...we paid $200 per night for the cottage we had our 3 kids and it was crammed in that little place it was clean though and very convenient to the beach and restaurants and attractions and check in wasnt complicated good customer service...i just wish it was a little more space and I wish they didnt put so much chlorine in the pool but I guess I understand that part overall though it was a good experience and vacation

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I write this while onsite...
The photos are deceiving. The master bedroom bed should have been replaced a decade ago along with the see-through sheets, the floor was atrocious, the TV was stuck on the weather channel and the paint had been touched up but not painted over to match. The outside is in disrepair with rust and rot evident on the railings and siding.

You have constant reminders, including in the "welcome" packet that if you do anything they will charge you. Thank you for the 1 roll of toilet paper for our week stay!

Had I known, I would have gone elsewhere. When you get 1 family trip every 1-3 years you want something remember-able. Unfortunately, I will not forget the shortcomings of this pitiful establishment. Perhaps a hurricane will make landfall soon so that others will be spared from having to stay here.

Room Tip: All seem the same.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank josephwhatley
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

The Nantucket Rainbow Cottage community in Destin is very picturesque and cozy. Convenient parking and walking paths through the community with a nice community pool. Close proximity to beach...just a short stroll so if you have smaller kids or you want to be beachfront then this may not be your best bet. But we found them to be very clean and cozy and very affordable. Some have amenities such as dishwashers that the one we rented this time did not unfortunately have. Really missed not having a way to sanitize dishes between different renters. Overall it is a nice choice for families who don't mind a short stroll to the beach and the affordability factor is very nice. Would definitely recommend. The neighborhood is located just across the street from the Inn at Crystal Beach.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family