“Exceptional!”

Ranked #69 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: USD 5 - USD 45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of The Village of Baytowne in the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Marlin Grill is the Emerald Coast's finest seafood and steakhouse. Elegant and sophisticated complimented with warm wood finishes provides a cozy, timeless atmosphere for any demanding, discriminating guest. Our extensively experienced staff can help you plan your next event, whether it is a conference meeting or a wedding reception. Indulge your family and friends with a night to remember. Marlin Grill is well noted for its culinary talents and award winning wine list. With over 600 wines to choose from, we are sure your palatable tastes will be met. The Cove accommodates up to eight guests and provides for an intimate evening. A table set back in a private room containing a book shelf for a comfortable, relaxing ambience. Upstairs dining accommodates up to 60 guests. View the village from any of the surrounding windows or step out onto the balcony which looks down the main street of the village. The banquet menu is recommended for parties that exceed 20 guests. The menu includes appetizers, wedge salad, variety of entrees, chef sides, and assorted delectable desserts. The average price per person for food only is $65. Flexibility on the menu may be available, just call with any question.
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We went here after we found out our old time favorite Italian Restaurant was closed when visiting Baytowne Wharf with the kids. So glad we did! We weren't looking for another pricey restaurant but this one is well worth it. I had the special which was four different types of sea food. Grouper, mahi mahi, lump crab meat, and tuna. Not cheap but I'm worth it. Couldn't resist the side of hickory smoked asparagus which was so flavorful! The crab meat was so sweet and they gave you a nice serving size compared to other places. A woman came around and served us housemade key lime butter with warm wheat rolls, crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle, my husbands fave! Glass of vino was yumola. The iced tea sweetener was simple syrup, served in a cool glass bottle, kind of different. My husband had a fried grouper sandwich with housemade tarter sauce which he continued to embarrassingly moan about, saying it was literally the best fish sandwich he had ever had. He also had the wedge salad which was delicious with huge chunks of blue cheese. All three kids said the French fries were the best they ever had. Can't really describe their awesomeness except to say they were kind of like long strips of lightly fried mashed potatoes. So good!! Server was super personable and did a good job. Very nice, warm surroundings. Clean bathroom . Reservations aren't necessary but I would recommend. Can't say I would bring a little one here as it's a bit fancy, however, my teenage rug rats behaved splendidly. Don't miss this place when in Destin!!

There are newer reviews for Marlin Grill

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We had a really nice dinner at the Marlin Grill on our visit to Baytowne Wharf in Destin. The menu was extensive, and the food was great. One of us ordered steak, and the other local seafood, and both were prepared just right. The recommended wine was perfect, as was our server.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We dined here for a birthday celebration. Dine is the true verb. It was outstanding. Inside and outside tables fill up as the evening progresses. The menu is varied enough to please all palates. The crab cakes were perfect​, little filling, mostly crab, lightly sauteed, a perfect starter. The tuna small plate is divine. Get the tuna rare. An outstanding shareable chocolate cake was shared among the four of us. Jerry was our attentive server. Never have we had better service. All in all the perfect birthday for my husbands 75th.

1  Thank mmarsh70
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We had just come from New Orleans and given the NOLA food reputation, we weren't expecting that our favorite meal would be in Destin, Fl. My Hubby had the beef carpaccio as an App. I had the petite filet in the Oscar style. Frankly, I wasn't paying attention to his entree because I was busy inhaling mine. Filet was cooked exactly as requested and we ordered the creamed spinach. ( Not sure why because we don't ever eat creamed spinach) but it was just delicious.
Our waitress was a bit underwhelming.... didn't know the prices, wasn't familiar with the wine list but was very pleasant.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The only thing at the Marlin Grill that is Fine Dining is the price of the food. The servers are terrible and not well trained! We had one drink each at the bar while waiting for our table, the hostess came to get us by walking to the other side of the bar and pointing at us as she told the bartender " those 2 have a table ready" and then waved us down to follow her. We were sat and waited for at least 10min before being greeted by a server and when he finally arrived he had no interest in helping us, he didn't offer any specials and he seemed very annoyed by our questions. We ordered 2 apps and when they arrived we asked the waiter a question about the menu and in mid sentence he walked away. I made a comment about it he was extremely rude. I asked for the manager and my tab, manager said he would take care of the apps as I had already closed my bar tab since they refused to transfer it to my table. Well after returning home I had a $90 charge on my card!!! Generic food terrible service.