“Great Time--Listing Somewhat Misleading”
other travellers have booked this property
Grounds Grounds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Grounds
Grounds
Kitchen
New Appliances and everything you could want to make any meal!
Kitchen
Lots and lots of glasses and serving ware!
The Queen Bedroom
1st floor full bath
1st Floor Bedroom-queen
Hallways
Spacious 3rd floor deck overlooking the pool
Porch in front of Pool House
The Building
The Building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Vic O
“Great Time--Listing Somewhat Misleading”
Reviewed 18 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I would like to start out by saying that I got married on the beach in Destin and had my reception in the back yard of this house, and it was beautiful and we all enjoyed ourselves. That said, this house was not as nice as we expected it to be based on the pictures and description.

The shed by the pool house is broken. There was a terrible storm the first night, and the roof of the shed clanked loudly and kept our guests up. There were no extra blankets in the house, so if you plan to have people staying on couch beds, make sure they bring blankets.

The lights on the deck were out, so we had to buy more (we left the ones we bought, actually). The gate between the house and the pool area is very difficult to open about 3/4 of the time; we ended up keeping it propped open with a flower pot. The thermostat is locked at 73 degrees and cannot be changed to anything cooler. The nearby beach is very small; the rest is private property. If you want a bigger beach that is public, John Beasley park (a 15 minute drive) is more ideal.

With all of that said, this house is well decorated and fun to stay in with a big crowd. We really did enjoy ourselves and would book again.

4 Jul 2017
Each of the things shared here we could have fixed if contacted. The thermostat is supposed to be set at 72, which we could do by computer...any lower and the AC's freeze up. Also there are a couple of stand up fans available. What makes the house warmer is the doors being opened a lot or left open, so that is one way to help keep it cool. The extra sheets and blankets are on a shelf over the washer/dryer & marked.
The she is actually new, but I had to fire the guy putting together due to his behavior. It is actually together now.
Had I been told about the outdoor lights I or my son would have brought new ones over...I was unaware of the gate, as It was fine last time I was there, and if something like that happens I only know if a renter tells me...this is the first I'm hearing about all of this.
I do wish the beach are between the hotels was bigger...but nothing I can do about that. We are going to get beach setup with 2 chairs and and umbrella next summer. Just wasn't able to fit it in this year's budget. Also there is are several public accesses...including one 1 mile away at the Crab Trap, which is where my family went when we lived 1 mile passed it.
As soon as an issue is brought to my attention I put my all into making it right as soon as possible. I even had a guest ask if we had a griddle, we did not, so I went and bought 3, one for each of our rentals. I just need to be contacted. And I try to check on the rentals every couple weeks. In fact this last Sat during turnover while the housekeepers were there my family of 6 went to all of them to fix minor repairs, change the AC filters and look it over to make sure everything was as it should be.
I will be reimbursing them for the lights.
I open to questions, and feedback always to make my rentals the best they can be for my guests vacation!
I do appreciate the nice things said here. I strive for excellence.
~Noelle
tbarraco0...
Hilliard, Ohio
“Very Poor Management”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

To start off I never received an email with the rental house information. I had to email the owner the night before arrival. She then emailed me the incorrect information, thankfully I caught the mistake. I received a phone call at 5:30pm the day of arrival saying that the house was not ready(check in is at 4pm). Luckily we were not arriving until about 7:30pm. She said the house would be ready by then. Well when we arrived the house was still trashed. After a 13.5hr drive we were not able to unload and relax we had to go elsewhere. We returned to the house a few hours later. There was still trash piled up on the front porch and the floors were still filthy. We then discovered there were not enough towels and bed linens in the house. After contacting the owner she did bring by some bed linens and during the night more towels were delivered. The kitchen light did not work. We had to cook dinner twice in the dark which was a challenge. The pool had all kinds of debris in it. We were not able to swim in it until Wednesday, we arrived on Saturday. This was a huge inconvience. The day bed on the 3rd floor was broken. The teenager went to sit on it and she fell through. She had to just put the mattress on the floor. We went out to enjoy the 3rd floor patio when we discovered what looked to be vomit. So we had to clean that mess up. The kids discovered condemns in the dresser drawer, thank goodness it wasn't drugs or needles. Communication with the owner and her son were very slow, if I received a response at all. There were reasons and excuses for everything. We were told would we would be reimbursed for all the inconviences. But every time I asked about the reimbursement I never got a response. Also, one of the teenagers had left his wallet behind at the house and didn't realize it until we arrived home. I contacted the owners son. He said he would check and get back with me. Well needless to say I never heard back from him. We absolutely loved Destin, so relaxing and beautiful. It's really ashame that the house has such poor management. The house is located in a wonderful location. But would never rent from her again.

21 Feb 2018
I do wish they had had a different experience! I bought rentals to make people happy not to make money (which we are not yet) And if she were to give us another try I'd give her 15% (5% is the usually repeat rental discount.
I only know what my renters tell me. The housekeepers I had at this time had done well for me for months. This one got them fired. I have a great housekeeping crew that has to finish an hour before check in for the Property Manager (also new) to inspect. The property manager lives 2 mins away and avail for any problems since I do not live there.
We did not know about the light being out & I wish it had been replaced sooner, those contractors and handymen have been replaced as well.
The pool, again, I only know what I'm told. The pool guy said he'd go out but didn't right away. He's been replace. We have a wonderful company now...they send me pictures after each cleaning. And they come twice during high season.
The Daybed we did not know was broken (or at least I didn't).
My current Housekeepers clean outside, even set up the chairs, and the check drawers incase a renter has left something.
I am just now reading about the wallet & am ashamed that my son did not return to them. I know he did not find it or he would have told me. Can't be as sure of the old cleaning crew, which is a shame.
Basically, Everything has been fixed and then some & we actually have a management team in place, which we did not, so it was all on me...and I had gone from having 1 rental for 4 years to 3. We are selling one, so we can focus on getting to just right.
Exsufflat...
Austin, Texas
“Great Location, Great Property!”
Reviewed 11 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We arrived to find a very welcoming property for our family's week vacation. There was plenty of room for everyone. The beach as well as plenty of restaurants, gift shops, ice cream shop, etc. are within walking distance. The owner is very responsive and attentive to all of our needs. The kids enjoyed having the pool to swim in and all of the accessories that were in the storage area. All in all it was worth what it was listed for and my family very much enjoyed our yearly family vacation all staying in the same place. Highly recommend this property!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Jul 2017
Thanks!!!
honeygram...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“nicely decorated but some problems”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This beach house is decorated really cute, but we had a few problems, with air conditioning going out, , no ice or water in refrigerator. The pool was suppose to be cleaned two times a week, but that didn't get done as the pool man quit the week before. We had to be available for the air conditioning man twice , but he did fix it after two days and one night without air upstairs.The owners are very nice people and tried very hard to take care of problems as they came up.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beachy colors of the rooms and decorations
Liked least: For the amount we paid for this, I thought the property could be kept up better.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
22 Oct 2015
We have made so many changes since this guest. I have better helpers in every area and have a contractor addressing every issue he can find (even those not obvious or could be potential). We've upgraded, added bigger things like coffee maker & blender are the biggest they have. I now have the best team that answers when I call & comes right our to help!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing