“Delicious”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House has been a local favorite in Destin since 1974 serving the finest smoked tuna dip, ice-cold oysters and our famous char-grilled Amberjack. Happy Hour 3-5PM daily.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food was awesome! Server, Mikey, was fantastic! I would definitely come back again. Key lime pie was great!

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,128)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We tried The Back Porch on our first day and went back again before we left. We went early to get a nice view of the ocean while eating fresh catch. I had the fish tacos one day and the amberjack sandwich the second time. Both were very good. It is a little pricey, but a nice place. I also asked for the daily $5 drink special and enjoyed it both times!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place it is extremely laid back and the drinks are great. We had a perfect view of the ocean from our table. The shrimp and scallops were delicious. My son enjoyed the chocolate cake. Needless to say I was not disappointed.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I asked a local for a recommendation for a restaurant with a great view and awesome seafood and he said, “Hands down, The Back Porch.” The view was perfect, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. I had the crab stuffed shrimp. Wow. Fantastic! It was exactly what I was looking for. When in doubt, ask a local!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Jammed, noisy and, in our opinion, DOUBLE O - which is overpriced and overrated. We left thinking, well, we can cross THAT off our list! It was OK, just OK... the food was OK, the service was OK, the ambiance was "noisy college kids drinking copious amounts of beer" which is not our schtick. We got sucked in by the ads and reviews but should have paid more attention to the fine print. Even without the spring breakers, it would not be our kind of restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018