“Never go to their Spa”

Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is my 3rd time here, but this is my first time to deal with the Spa. The management very rude taking the oppintment with no any appreciation as if they are going to produce the service for free. However, I made an appointment at 5pm, when I went thier 15 mints earlier to have my massage done, they said we cannt take you due to the power outage. Ok no peoblome but would you accept my apology if I couldn't call befor the deadline policy which is 4 hours pirior the appointment or you will charge me although I have emergency cases; said no sure will charge you. So how do you want me to accept your apology, you should call the coustomer to notify them not wait until they come to your front disk and say only sorry. If they care, they could use the hotel phone to call the coustomers. Now when it comes to them they won't accept the apology and will charge you anyway, but when it's comes to them you have to just accept their apology, what is the hall is this. Very bad comstomer service.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Nowaiser
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

We appreciate your patronage here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Initially please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. The power outage we experienced on Sunday, February 19th was beyond our control. During that time we were assured, by the power company that services would be back up within the hour. After this continued repeatedly throughout the day we decided to cease all services. Unfortunately, that decision was not made until much later in the afternoon.

We hope to see you return to Serenity by the Sea Spa soon.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager
HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Can't say we were looking forward to going to a business meeting in Florida's panhandle, but this resort made me a believer. The oceanfront setting is perfection, the resort has everything you could want and is spotlessly clean. Though this is not a new property, the ceilings are rather low in the guest rooms, a recent updating made a huge difference. Room amenities are plentiful, the staff is nice and the Baytowne golf and retail area is fun too. We would happily go back as leisure travelers. Parking costs are nuts and put the only negative slant on this experience.

Room Tip: Beach view and beachfront are not the same.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BuddyDoogie
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We a group of about 40 people checked in right after labor day and stayed for the week. The guys enjoyed all the courses available and the ladies enjoyed swimming, eating and shopping on and off the property. In the evenings we would all go down to the Market Place to eat. Everyone ate where and what they wanted and we had quite an variety to pick from. Not one complaint from anyone on the food service. We would enjoy the evening attractions on the property and really enjoyed ourselves so much we will be going back again this year with even more people as they missed last year and heard how much fun we had, they want to see for themselves this year. I and the rest of the group would highly recommend this hotel and their property to anyone. We never had anything to complain about. Rooms and grounds cleaned daily. I left my favorite pillow and called when we got home the next day and they mailed it to me rush delivery. That is what I call personal service at it's best!!!!

Room Tip: we had a ground floor room which looked out onto the one of the many golf courses. I would drink my...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kbroussard86
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The wife and I booked a romm at the Hilton for a couple nights in late January, before the real tourist season begins in Florida. For $ 209/night, we had an immense suite, huge bathroom with spa tub. The balcony looked 180 degrees out over the Gulf so that we could see sunrise and sunset. Although the hotel was near empty (season begins in March), the service was very good. Beautiful pools, day spa and beaches. In the high season this roo goes for $ 450. A great deal now and well worth the high season fare. I have paid substantially more for a beachfront suite.

Room Tip: Ambassador suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunburned31
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The beachview room was great! (huge and clean) And the staff was friendly.
We got a good deal on it... however, once you add in the parking and overpriced breakfast buffet (with continental type food), the good deal isn't so great anymore.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple