“HAD A BLAST ON THE BOAT AND SAW THE BEST VIEW IN DESTIN”
Review of Harbor Watersports

Harbor Watersports
Langley, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“HAD A BLAST ON THE BOAT AND SAW THE BEST VIEW IN DESTIN”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I've been traveling the world for years and have parasailed numerous times in many places... I really enjoy how peaceful it is and like to see the places I visit from the birds eye view. I really liked this place, it's very clean, staff was very nice and informative, they actually gave me the low down on the whole town and a list of things and places that is always a must while in Destin. The parasail ride was AWESOME!!! It seemed like we were the highest parachute out there and we saw like 10 other boats.... but I have to say the dip was probably the best one I've ever had. You can tell that the crew really knows what they are doing and make sure that safety is always at the top of the list. I would recommend going parasailing there to anyone!!!

Visited May 2011
5 Thank worltraveler1957

Glens Falls, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a great crew!”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

First, I would like to say that all of the employees are super helpful and nice. You know how when you go to some places, they treat you like you're just another face...like an annoying tourist? Not here! The girl that took our reservation treated us like old friends; it was a nice change from feeling like "just another tourist", even in spite of it being pretty hectic during the spring break stuff. My boyfriend and I ended up doing everything with them! We did the parasailing first, which was AWESOME. I had never done it before. My boyfriend was a total chicken about it, but he ended up doing it! It is definitely something everybody should do at least once! The parasail captain was very personable, as was his mate (they were also pretty cute ;D) and they made us feel like we were good friends too! Even riding out on the parasail boat was a blast!

After we did that (it was in the morning) we still had some time left in the day, so we decided to rent a pontoon boat for the afternoon. I'd like to say, the coolest thing about getting that boat, was that it was so easy to drive. It was almost like driving a car! I drove the whole way. We went out to "Crab Island", which was totally cool. We dropped anchor, had a few beers, hung out in the water (which is about waist high), and just had a good time. It was like picnic-ing on the water. We brought sandwiches and chips and stuff. Anyway, that was loads of fun.

When we got back that afternoon, we noticed the jet-ski's, which are apparently the same thing as waverunners (I didn't know this lol...learn something new every day!). The secretary girl said it was too late to take one out that day, but told us all about the dolphin tours they do every morning. We ended up making a reservation for that for the next morning! We each reserved our own waverunner. This tour was SO AWESOME. It's not your Grandma's glass bottom boat tour (I'd been on those boring things in past years vacationing in Destin...lol). We followed the tour guide out into the Gulf and in the Bay. We got to go fast. We saw so many dolphins. We even saw a momma and her newborn baby dolphin too!!! The tour guide was a really cool guy.

One of the best parts about this place is that absolutely everything - the facility, the boats, the waverunners - were all brand new! Brand new, and all for the same price or less than other places. I chose this place not only because of the prices, but also the sincerity I felt when talking with the secretary lady. She really wanted us to have a good time, and did we ever! I will be coming back next year, for sure, and I will tell all my friends!

Visited March 2011
8 Thank laserbeanz
Destin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fly High In Destin”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

OK, this is the one. Timely, clean and top notch equipment. Staff was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Even got a free Dolphin tour.

Visited May 2011
4 Thank trgain
Destin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best first time Parasailing EVER”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The team "Double D" (Dustin & Dave) were amazing..!! They made it safe and fun for my first time..!! They knew exactly what to do and made sure we were safe the whole time.. It was the best day of my life.. I would highly recommend going there.

Visited April 2011
4 Thank gymnastgirl1011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEST TIME IN DESTIN!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I've been coming to Destin for the last 15 years now and we found this place located right across the street from Motel 6 on the harbor. My wife and I, along with our kids, rented a pontoon boat, it was BRAND NEW AND VERY CLEAN, unlike some other boats I've rented on the harbor. Plus a driveway that I could drive my truck down to unload our gear on the pontoon. A couple days later we came back to do some parasailing and had a blast!!!! I will definitely be a returning customer at Harbor Watersports from here on out.

6 Thank RickATL1960