“Relaxing”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Waterfall Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

A TripAdvisor Member
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 13 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful and relaxing time. The house was extremely comfortable. We cooked and BBQ almost everyday and the kitchen had everything we needed. My son loved the pool ... And sitting out in the porch.
The beach is a few blocks away.. Although we didn't get to go much since it was closed due to the hurricane ...But we still managed to have a wonderful time... My favorite part of the house was the porch in the master bedroom.. Just sitting outside reading a book.. It was perfect..
The only negative was that the House was not completely clean when we got there... You could tell that the person that cleaned the house rushed thorough the job..some of the dishes where put back without being washed... But overall it was pretty clean...

Durant
Reviewed 9 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
“Needs alot of attention”
Reviewed 8 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

Although our family loves this area of Destin for our summer getaways, we will not stay in Waterfall again. The house is in need of many updates including carpet/flooring, painting inside and out, repairs to dryer (took 2-3 times in the dryer to dry 1 load of clothing, even had to take wet clothes home because we couldnt get them dry before we had to check out), upstairs futon in very poor shape, pool surface repairs needed, outdoor furniture rotting and dingy, master bath updates needed (there is not a shower in the master bath), some burners on stove top did not work, overgrown landscape (large tree in front of home blocks view from house and landscaping around pool needs trimmed back to provide more sunlight on the pool), tons of ants around pool area, torn screens, rusted air return in hallway... etc. This property needs alot of attention. I can say the beds were very comfortable and the home was within walking distance to the beautiful beach. Despite the fact that we were not pleased with our rental choice this time, we will return to the Emerald Coast... we do love this area of Destin.

Management Response
8 Aug 2012
Thank you so much for posting your review. We are sorry for the disappointment you felt with the condition of Waterfall Cottage. I am pleased to say the home owner has many plans for upgrades to the home which will take place this fall and winter. We will be painting, replacing furniture in the living room, installing a shower in the master tub area and working on the many smaller cosmetic items which need attention. This home has been rented back to back with not one open day to complete any time consuming repairs and I apologize for the disappointment you felt. We look forward to your next stay with Newman-Dailey Resort Properties and hope you will call us directly to arrange your next vacation.
Amy Turner - Property Manager
Kentucky
Reviewed 20 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Management Response
20 Jul 2012
Thank you so much for posting your review. I am pleased to say the home owner has many plans for upgrades to the home which will take place this fall and winter. We will be painting, replacing furniture in the living room, installing a shower in the master tub area and working on the many smaller cosmetic items which need attention. Since this home has been rented back to back we have not had one open day to complete any time consuming repairs. We look forward to your next stay with Newman-Dailey Resort Properties and hope you will call us directly to arrange your next vacation.
Amy Turner - Property Manager
MS
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing