“Got screwed by Silver Shells and got put here for a week by them.”

The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The pool and main lobby areas were really nice. The staff was also amazing. I can't speak for the east or west towers. They also have a decent gym for a vacation area.

The villas seemed sub par. Some of the switches and outlets didn't work. Took a cycling of the circuit breaker. One toilet took about 30 minutes to refill its tank and the water valve was full open. The sink faucet handle was really loose and all of the dishes in the kitchen were really dirty and had to be washed on the first day. The sliding doors didn't fully shut either. Overall is was average in the villas nothing amazing, but they were mostly clean and we were able to have a decent vacation.

Room Tip: cheaper, and right across from the beach. Don't get villas.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I read review of someone complaining about the size of the condo for six! I was very concerned when I got here because of this. To my suprise we were all very happy with everything. Thought the place was amazing! The pool area beautiful! View beautiful! Condo Beautiful. The person complaining probably complains about a lot! Most people will love this spot unless your.......

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Harvey L
Reviewed 8 July 2017

First off it was 3 adults and 3 kids, we rented a 2 bedroom 2 bath. The area was actually plenty big enough. I reserved by calling the hotel direct and was told I could get 2 kings but wound up with the 1 king and 1 trundle. It still worked out fine for me. 1 couple and 1 child was in the king, I was by myself in the trundle and 2 kids were on the fold out couch. So it was fine and plenty of room. We only slept there. However the trundle bed was terribly uncomfortable. I slept bad the entire time. I would recommend bringing blankets bc all that was on both beds was sheets and some thin slick duvet cover, also not very comfy. Other than that the room was just fine. Plenty big enough.

Main complaint is there was no valet and parking sucked. And there were never any luggage carts. With 6 people we had alot of crap and was put on the 3rd floor. I am 5 months pregnant, so it was very hard for me. I recommend they buy more carts or get some bellmen to help.

The ground were very pretty. Very easy to get to everything. Pool is the main reason I booked there, it was for the kids.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bamagram
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed staying at this condo. The room was spacious, we had a balcony overlooking the pool and beach, clean, comfortable, washer/dryer, TVs in every room...it was great. The flaws were...the help desk staff hate their job, they don't help much, they are rude and short with you when asking questions about the hotel and places to go in town, including the bar tender by the pool also, there is no business center. That's all. So, don't count on them for recommendations or a smile when checking in.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Araceli T
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Overall this is a basic condo with nothing luxurious about it. The pool area is great and this condo is conveniently located to the highway and downtown areas. Our unit was a two bedroom with two bathrooms. We were not prepared for the second bedroom to be beds the size of something you'd find on a boat. Definitely not suited for adults. The unit we stayed in needed quite a few repairs but I have to say it was spotless. So overall its average and could be better.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Destin hotels
9.7 km away
13 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
8.7 km away
Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort

Been to The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center

Address: 4201 Indian Bayou Trl, Destin, FL 32541-4306
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #30 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Price Range: $219 - $478 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center 3.5*
The Palms of Destin offers spacious one, two, and three bedroom vacation rentals with flat screen televisions, fully equipped kitchens, washer and dryer, two full baths, balconies with sliding glass doors overlooking our lagoon pool, the Gulf of Mexico, and the city of Destin, Florida. As an exclusive guest at the Palms of Destin you may enjoy Destin’s largest lagoon pool beneath the palms, relax with peaceful spa treatments inspired from the Polynesian islands at the Royal Palm Spa, or simply enjoy our luxurious designer vacation rental amenities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Palms Of Destin Hotel Destin