All reviewsfront porchhardwood floorssaltwater poolold floridaoriginal elevatoratlantic aveprivate beachyoga classesbright colorswindow unitantique furniturelive musicthe open air lobbypeople watchcharming historic hoteleric hansenlike stepping back in time
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The location on Atlantic Ave is perfect, walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops. Our room was beautiful, clean and historic. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious, especially the coffee!
The cabana club was the best way to waste a day.
We will return again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My daughter chose this hotel as the base for her wedding. Their Cabana Club was the perfect venue for her dream wedding on the beach. The hotel which was built in 1926 is well maintained with brightly colored rooms and good AC and ceiling fans. It has a "Havana" or old South Florida vibe. They also had entertainment on Friday and Saturday night in their lobby/bar area.The staff was friendly and efficient and they serve a very nice breakfast buffet. Our guests loved having access to the beach and beautiful pool area at the Cabana Club which you can get to be the hotel shuttle. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LifesGood1010
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I live in the area and am shocked that I have never been here before. This hotel is an absolute classice we really loved it. I felt like I was somehwere else...old Florida...old Havana...India. I do not know but I felt like I was on vacation. We will absolutely be back. I loved it. Great location. Staff was great. Again I am just shocked I Have missed out on this place for so long!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The Colony is not a 5 star, every amenity, cater to all your dreams, modern hotel. So if that’s what you’re looking for you need to go somewhere else. What it is is an extremely charming, historic hotel located on a street loaded with restaurants and shops. My friend and I shared a two bedroom suite with a bathroom separating the bedrooms. The beautiful hardwood floors squeaked and the furniture was vintage 1920s. The window air conditioner in my room worked like a charm, as did the tv. Those were the only two nods to the modern era. There was a safe in the room and the original tiled shower had great water pressure....a must in my book! There was a more than adequate breakfast each morning where they serve wonderful coffee. The beach club shows its history, too, however there is a new, beautiful pool. I sat in the hammock that’s tucked back in a corner one morning and was swung by one of the staff. They have rules against using cell phones....which I liked.
The folks who work here, to a person, are friendly and helpful. I absolutely loved both of these properties and plan to return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marla2015
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The Colony is unique! I love the rooms because they left as much as they could of the old world art deco charm yet added enough upgrades to make it as comfortable as a brand new hotel. It's like stepping back in time with all of today's comforts.Perfect location because you can actually walk to the ocean along Atlantic Ave or take the shuttle to their Cabana Club right on the ocean. Delightful!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends