All reviews front porch hardwood floors old florida original elevator saltwater pool atlantic ave bright colors window unit private beach antique furniture live music yoga classes the open air lobby people watch like stepping back in time free parking otis elevator
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The Colony Hotel in Delray turned out to be be a gem. The building is classic, (built in 1926) so I was not sure what I was getting into when I walked in off the street. Turns out they gave me a great room at a reasonable rate (especially in relation to some of the other hotels around). I liked the room. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that breakfast was included...I had no idea when i checked in. The breakfast was nice. Then I learned that the Colony had a beach front cabana club. I loved it great pool, great beach and friendly service. I liked the Colony so much I stayed an extra night.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DogDoggie
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We love this landmark hotel maintaining its charm, located perfect for shopping in the many boutique shops and the many, many wonderful restaurants. The staff continues to be very accommodating, breakfast each morning hot, fresh, and perfect way to start the day. Rooms are so comfortable and clean. A very short drive (or ride) to a beautiful beach or pool. This was our second time staying here and will definitely return for another relaxing stay.

Room tip: Rooms towards the back of hotel are quiet.
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I love the Colony! I just will not stay anywhere else in this area without at least spending a night at this fine, lovley establishment. All of the staff are just wonderful and the beach club is just perfect. If you like older, well maintained historic hotels, this is the place! I'll be back for spring training and I will be at the Colony!

Room tip: All of the rooms are great, but the corner rooms give you a bit more space.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I like older hotels that have personality. Delray Beach is becoming increasingly popular and it is nice to have a place to visit that harkens back to when the pace was slower. If you want modern conveniences this is not the place for you. The lobby is not air conditioned, the rooms have window units and the beach club is a mile away. But you can walk to all the great restaurants on Atlantic Ave. And the hotel has a very good buffet breakfast. It is still my favorite place to stay in Delray Beach.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank James M
Reviewed 19 August 2017

The place is a landmark, a throwback to years gone by. It is stately and well situated. The rooms have been nicely modernized. The AC in the rooms work well whereas the lobby can be used as a sauna, it is so hot and muggy. The old ballroom is similarly nice but a total sweat box and is used now for hot yoga classes. The staff are nice but not attentive, often using their personal cell phones rather than helping guests. The beach (located 1.5 miles away) is gorgeous as is the pool (by the beach) but the staff let you get your own umbrellas and chairs and could use direction in terms of customer service. There seems to be a lack of leadership with the administrative staff; but all this can be improved with the right team in place. I would return again, but hope the owners have made the same changes to the staff as they have to the hotel

Date of stay: August 2017