“Best Greek food in the area!”
Review of Zorba's Taverna

Zorba's Taverna
Ranked #62 of 422 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Everything is delicious and super fresh: the pita, the salad, the feta...We had 2 Pita wraps 1) Chicken Souvlaki (grilled marinated chicken breast), and 2) gyro pita wrap. The portions are big, and very very tasty. They come with a Greek salad, too. Yum!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent fresh fish and Greek classics like moussaka and pastitsio. Usually packed, often with large groups of Greek diners. There are outside tables as well.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Perhaps it was because I dined here at an off-time (around 3:30pm on a weekday), but the service was inconsistent at best and the food was mediocre. We were seated immediately as there was only one other table in use. I ordered the gyro sandwich lunch special. The salad was tasteless as if someone forgot to mix the salad dressing, the gyro meat was lacking in typical spice and there was hardly any tzatziki sauce. I asked for more and was told there would be a $.75 charge which I thought was stingy on the part of the restaurant. My lunch special included a beverage. Halfway through my meal, I saw my server and asked her if my lunch came with a drink (just to make sure I didn't read incorrectly). Her response was affirmative. Well, why didn't she take my drink order 15 minutes ago when I ordered? I almost felt like I was a bother to her. The other dish that was ordered was the Shrimp Zorba. There was hardly any feta cheese and the orzo had been substituted with white rice after confirming with our server that in fact this dish came atop orzo. When our bill came, we asked for a box to take home some shrimp. Apparently, our server forgot and we had to ask her a second time. Mind you, there was only one other table of diners in the restaurant. In the end, at least we weren't charged for the extra tzatziki sauce.
All of the positive feedback I have heard about this restaurant were from people who dined her for dinner. They especially like the BYOB policy. Perhaps this was an off day and dinner really is the time to enjoy this establishment.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Great restaurant for lunch or dinner. Nice now because the weather is beautiful for sitting outside or in the air conditioning whichever you prefer. Pita bread comes to the table first with home made hummus. Nice Greek menu with all your favorites. This visit I had the dolma appetizer stuffed with rice and beef and spices in a dill sauce. Excellent. Had the Greek salad, which was good too. Friends had the octopus, grilled and that was also tasty. Other friend had the Greek Lasagna and it was very good. They served baklava complimentary for dessert. OPA

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Excellent and very authentic Greek fare, ranging from classics like moussaka and pastitsio to very fresh fish. The place is very popular -- especially with Greeks -- so it can get very loud. Service is good.