“Surprise Find”
Review of Patio Delray

Patio Delray
Reserve with OpenTable
Patio Delray is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 452 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: USD 20 - USD 45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Bush Blvd
Description: Tucked away off hectic Atlantic Ave. on George Bush Blvd. at the inter-coastal is a secluded romantic gem of a restaurant where all the food is carefully selected and prepared by hand with loving care. Dine on our award winning patio while listening to the harmonious sound of the koi fountain or in our elegant yet relaxed dining room while our chefs take delight in creating flavorful and fanciful dishes from around the world just for you. Dining at Patio Delray is like dining at home...just better. Home is not just where you live, it's where you are understood. Here at Patio Delray we understand what you like to eat and drink. Imbibe in our signature martinis, craft beers, and carefully chosen wines. Delight in our carefully selected menu items from around the world. Our elegant private dining room is perfect for private events, weddings or corporate functions.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We wanted to try something out of the way and romantic and after surfing the net we found this tucked away spot in a quiet neighborhood. Upon entering we discovered a secluded garden with fountain. Perfect !!!
The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The menu creative and adventurous. The service was elegant and discrete.
We tried several appetizers, all were outstanding. My partner had the jumbo crab cake with a creamy succotash and some sort of exotic peppers from the Amazon. She loved it. I had the Murray's chicken which was the best chicken I have ever eaten.
We skipped on dessert though there were several items which were tempting. We'll save it for next time.

1  Thank 4eyesue

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We came here with high expectations given the TA rating and specific reviews. We had a very early reservation on a Saturday evening, and were very surprised that when we left at around 7 PM there were no diners in the restaurant and just one outside table occupied. Hmmm.

We had a very helpful, affable waiter. The smokey martinis with blue-cheese stuffed olives were very good as described by others. We had the ahi tuna and Chilean sea bass entrees. They were both very good, but not memorable in the least.

Overall we have nothing negative to say about our dining experience. We would probably return. But if you are looking for an extraordinary experience I would suggest you try some other options.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had date night here the other night. The decor is elegant but quirky. I like fine dining restaurants that don't feel stuffy and that's what you get here. The service was fantastic . Our server was so knowledgable about the menu and the wine selection. My husband had the lobster bisque for appetizer and that was delicious. I had the stuffed dates... Also Amazing. He ordered a Chilean sea bass special where I ordered the crab cake off the menu. Everything was fantastic. I would love to return and highly recommend it!

1  Thank Holly A
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We had an outstanding dinner on a Saturday night. We shared calamari in a sweet Thai chili aioli. Perfectly lightly fried and the sauce was delicious with just the correct chili flavor without being overwhelming. The portion is not large, actually just right for two people to start because the main course is a good size serving.

My husband ate Indonesian spiced wild caught shrimp served with coconut rice and a delicious blend of vegetables using a wonderful blend of herbs and spices such as lemon grass, cumin, ginger, shallots, garlic, cilantro and more. The fresh shrimp were very large, some so huge they were a mouthful. Shrimp is always best when it's wild caught.

I had the Garam Masala rubbed Ahi Tuna served with black rice, pear slaw, curried mango chutney raita and some other ingredients. I have never seen so huge servings of tuna from any restaurant in S. Florida (and I've chosen tuna at many). Both dishes superb. Max our server was great. BTW, I drank a smoky martini consisting of vodka, Glenmorangie scotch served with blue cheese stuffed green olives. One of the best mixed drinks anywhere. For dessert we shared a lychee sorbet. Perfect conclusion to a dinner and our hope to return to dine again in the near future. See my attached photos.

1  Thank Lucia R
Reviewed 5 August 2016

It's amazing, I have nothing negative to say. Service and more service. From the moment you enter till you leave. Full bar. Food was delicious. different, and well presented. My martini was right on. Crab cake was crab meat not fillers. Calamaria was oh so tender and the sauce was not typical but good. Miss Lily is a good hostess. I chatted with her about her coy in the pond, she is very knowledgeable about the fish. I topped it off with creme bruille, it was awesome. If you'd like a quiet, special night this is the place.

1  Thank nanafla1032