“Great Location, Nice Rooms”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
DandLinMe...
Medina, Ohio
“Great Location, Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 15 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I traveled with my family to Deerfield Beach for the Christmas Holiday. We are familiar with the area, having vacationed in Boca Raton before and me having spend many Christmas Holidays with my family when I was growing up. That said, I am not going to review Deerfield Beach area so much (but I will comment on the beach) - you can research that on your own.

I will provide this review in PROS and CONS for ease of reading.

PROS:
1. The Location: the villas are located 2 blocks from the beach. It is a 5 minute walk, so you can carry all your beach stuff and leave your car at the villa, saving time, money and hassle with a parking spot at the beach. If you are a beach person, this is probably the biggest reason to stay here.
2. The Beach: is really nice. Walk left at AIA and access the beach from the next road (you will have to cross AIA, but there are plenty of gaps in the cars - no formal crosswalk anywhere close). Once to the beach, you can walk left (to the pier) for busier atmosphere and very wide beach area, or right to the more quiet (but also larger beach) section.
3. The Villas: are nice (see the CONS section for one issue). Ours (#8 I think) was recently renovated and it was very nice. A little more cooking wear would be good, but nothing to lose sleep over.
4. The Pool: is nice. Not very large (so don't expect to do laps), but certainly good for a vacation setting. Well maintained, warm, clean. If you get a pool villa (which I recommend), you walk out your room to the pool deck with tables, chairs, loungers. Nice stuff.
5. The Staff: Stefanie goes back and forth between Turtle Beach and their other properties. She is on site about 3 hours per day. No issues there.
6. Not much "walking grounds" at the villa, but they are located in a nice residential area with quiet streets, and the inter-coastal is literally a 1 minute walk away. There are two small parks along the residential area that abut the inter-coastal, so nice enough.
7. No propane for the grill the first day, but Stefanie was on it and had it there by dinner. She was really good with responding to questions and helping out in the manner.

CONS
1. They were apparently having issues with air conditioning in our unit the day before our arrival, and failed to tell us that. This ultimately culminated in us not having AC on Christmas Day, which was a real damper on things. They assumed it would be fine through our stay, which it was not. I explained that if they had told us that, we could have let them know a couple of days before Xmas (it was putting out less and less cold air) and likely could have avoided our inconvenience. They had been arranging to have all the AC units replaced in all the villas, and chose to have that done during our time there. Timing was poor, but at least the day after Christmas we had AC again (and it was really good). I expect they have them all changed out by now. I understand things happen, but this was not one of those things. They knew of the issues; this was not a piece of equipment that just happened to break. In the end, we worked it out and the rest of our stay was fine. But this could have been administered and managed much better up front.
2. Oddly enough the in-pool light is apparently hooked with the pool filter timer. So in short, since the pool does not filter between 5pm and 11pm, you never get to see the pool illuminated with the alternating red-green-blue lights at night.
3. Regarding driving around the area, if you attempt to head toward the pier and the causeway between 4 and 6 pm weekdays, you will run into a ton of traffic. I recommend you go south and cross over at the next bridge and make your way back to your destination. It did not affect us in the least since we have played this game before, but just saying.
4. I think a lot of their furnishings are from IKEA. Which for the most part is fine. But the king bed was essentially a thin mattress over a frame (supported by wood slats). No box spring. A box spring would help a lot. Not the most uncomfortable bed, but...
5. The lights stay on at the pool and resort all night. And the blinds do not block all the lights, so it is fairly bright. Some darkening roller blinds would really help.

Overall, now that time has passed, we can reflect back and say it was a really nice stay at a really nice place. Yes, we would return if it comes to be again. But from now on we are probably asking more questions up front.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mis-information on the air conditioning
Travelling group: Teenagers
Sightseer...
“Review”
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

My husband and I stayed from Dec. 3 - 14th. This is the cleanest vacation rental I have ever stayed in. Absolutely spotless! The beach is close, approx 5 min walking distance. Everyone that we came in contact with was friendly and professional. We enjoyed our stay.

Bjoern M
Mainz-Kostheim, Germany
“Fantastic apartment”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

It was a fantastic trip to Deerfield Beach this year. The room, was excelent and we enjoyed every day at Florida. You should come here to enjoy the sun and the beach.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Kitchen...Awesome!!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
riikkas41...
Raisio, Finland
“Wonderful and clean”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great apartment. Clean, homely and peaceful place. Manager Sefanie is so lovely and helpfull. We loved this place <3 Hope to come back some day!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Stephanie...
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“I have stayed here before and because of all the good things about Turtle Beach Villas, I have returned.”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

For this stay at Turtle Beach Villas, my husband and I have just relocated from New Jersey and will be looking for a permanent residence.
As with my previous visits, so far everything has been delightful. The studio that we are staying in has all the amenities that we need to make it feel like home while were are house searching. We have a kitchen that includes a stove and refrigerator which we can stack up with food and we can cook whatever or whenever we like. This is a very nice feature which differs from a stay at a hotel. However, don't get me wrong, and think that there is a lack of dining or restaurants in the area, because Turtle Back Villas are close to all kinds of dining, fancy at Mizner Park or fast food or diners on Federal Highway.
Turtle Beach Villas are located across the street from the beach and there is a pool on the premises that I have taken full advantage of. The location is perfect and you are close to shopping of all kinds and also close to I95, so traveling around the surrounding cities is not a problem.
When my husband and I finally find our Florida "dream House" and our family from the North comes to visit--I know my recommendation will be Turtle Beach Villas.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing