2,392 results
All reviews front desk pool bar ocean front valet parking an older hotel pool side the entire staff bike week spring break checking in oceanfront room cynthia balcony daytona cora conference boardwalk
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Second time staying there. Great stay in 2016, 2018 was a mess. When I booked the stay in Feb, nobody mentioned anything about ongoing renovations/repairs. Booked ocean view balcony and we first had a room with a damaged/closed balcony and a view of construction area. Went back to the front desk to complain and was moved to a corner balcony room with an ocean balcony open and scaffolding on the side balcony. Workers on the balcony in the morning. Sheetrock was falling off the ceiling daily around the sliding doors. Part of the garage closed so there was limited parking. Weekend Breakfast buffet food was cold. Travelled from Idaho to relive the 2016 experience at the Plaza and was greatly disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank grdoll3655
marketing302, Marketing Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We appreciate your repeat business and writing a review. We regret that you were not made aware of the hurricane recovery construction that the hotel currently has taking place. By the end of 2018 we will have repaired all balconies, painted the exterior, new roof, new fiber optic WiFi with 1 gig of bandwidth, upgraded elevators, new comforters, pillows and carpet in all guest rooms plus a new oceanfront bar & grille. We apologize for the inconvenience of having the upper levels of the garage closed due to the painting of the building. We also are sorry for the cold food you received during breakfast. We are sorry that we did not meet the standards you've come to expect from the Plaza. We hope that you will give us another try once all of our renovations are completed to see that we are still that grand resort.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful to look at downstairs, the rooms need much repair, the air unit was very cold and in good repair almost too cold. The linens on the bed were very thin, the was a leak or spill on the second floor leaving a terrible smell. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Elevators were always busy and tiny, we had to use the stairs the majority of the stay. We will not be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
marketing302, Marketing Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We appreciate you staying at the Plaza. We are happy that you liked our hotel and found our staff to be helpful. We apologize for the slow elevators. We are in the process of doing hurricane recovery construction which includes repairing balconies, painting the exterior, new roof, upgraded fiber optic WiFi with 1 gig of bandwidth, new comforters, pillows and carpets in tall the guest rooms, upgraded elevators and an oceanfront bar and restaurant. We wish you all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

To start this review, I do have to say the room was prepared well. I liked the little towel elephant on the bed as well as how everything was presented upon arrival, but that is all this hotel had going for it. My boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves for one night and stay at a nice hotel before heading home.

Upon walking in I was greeted (after waiting for 20 minutes) by Cora who's first words were, "who are you here to see?" I informed her that I was checking in and she continued to be very short and rude. She was constantly interrupting me to talk to other guests and workers. The new key cards had a good idea, but they would take a long time to unlock the gates and doors outside. Fast forward to the following morning when we were abruptly woken up at 8:30 am to jackhammers from all sides of our room. They were so loud that I could not hear anything my boyfriend was saying and he was right next to me. At no point in the check-in process were we notified of them doing construction. We both understand it has to be done which is why we wouldn't be upset if we were simply notified of the renovations and the hours at which they would do it. We packed our bags and went downstairs to voice our dissatisfaction. The manager that we spoke to said it's on their website. Having yellow text on bright photos doesn't pop out especially when most guests don't even go to the hotel website. The manager was also very short and rude with us. So we had to start our 10+ hour drive with migraines. The fact that we paid $170 for a horrible experience doesn't fix anything either. Horrible experience. Horrible prices on everything, and rude staff. Stay away from at all costs.

Room tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank karahtoth
marketing302, Marketing Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for staying at the Plaza and writing about your recent stay. We are happy that you liked your room and the little towel elephant. We sincerely apologize for the rudeness of the staff and this is not acceptable. Your comments have been passed on the to management team and will be discussed with the mentioned employee and manager. We regret that the construction woke you, they are not to start construction on our property until 9am. If the noise from the construction was from our neighbors we ask you to write to the city of Daytona Beach code enforcement. We do have a construction notice advertised on our website and that of other booking engines, we apologize if you did not see it. We invite you to give us another try on a future visit to Daytona Beach to see all of our improvements and to enjoy a relaxing beach experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We checked in on 3/26. Upon check-in I asked if we could upgrade to an ocean view only to be told that there weren't any left. I had originally booked a "city view". When we got to our room not only did it feel like we were in a prison cell because of the location, but there was drywall dust all over the room/beds falling from the ceiling. We weren't given a "city view" we were given a "wall view". They gave me the only room that was located in an odd corner of the hotel that had no sun coming in and all you cold see was the wall that was five feet away from the balcony. The room was also musty smelling. I couldn't take it anymore so I asked that they find us another room. This wasted about an hour of our day and since we were only staying one night that stunk! We couldn't even use a cart to get our belongings to and from our room because of the stairs in this weird location. They gave us the worst room they had in the building and thought we would be fine with that. In any event, we moved rooms and low and behold we had an "ocean view"...a room that they initially did not have available. This room was somewhat better, but not much. I was done moving and wasting time so I just accepted the room so that we could go on with our day. The balcony was closed during the day for painting and was located right above the roof where the air conditioners (I believe) were located so all you heard was the noise from the air conditioners all day and night. Therefore, no relaxing on the balcony. Something that would be nice for a BEACH HOTEL!!! Again, we were given one of the worst locations available. I didn't talk to management during our stay as our time was limited and I didn't want to waste more time and get frustrated! This was just the beginning! the tub did not drain so we showered with our feet/legs in dirty water. There was very limited availability for self-parking so we had to park in valet parking. I don't like other people driving my car so that sucked! When we were ready to go to bed and watch TV we found out that the TV wasn't hooked up and needed a service tech to come up and fix which took another half hour. We couldn't play basketball (as advertised) because all the construction workers parked their equipment on the court. Let's not forget the jack hammering directly over our head first thing in the morning! When we decided to hang out at the pool we realized that there was no hot tub available...that's a first for us! Every hotel we have ever stayed at had a hot tub! Then when we went to rent some equipment to go play by the ocean the equipment manager said that all their equipment was broken, except for two surf boards, and they were waiting on the new stuff to arrive. You would think that they would have this PRIOR to spring break!! We had to go across the street for our rentals. To top it all off...my daughter's hair turned green from the pool water. She has extremely long hair which was exposed to the water for a long period of time as she was playing catch. The bottom half of her hair was GREEN when we got back to the room. We have tried a couple of "home remedies" to correct the problem and they did not work so now I have to take her to a salon to fix her hair! We just got back into town yesterday which is why we had the delay in posting this review. My other daughter's hair was fine because she only exposed her hair, which was up in a pony tail, for a short period of time. The hotel should not be renting many of the rooms out, especially at the price they did! I deserve a full refund for our misery and some sort of compensation for the time and money spent on correcting my daughter's beautiful hair! This was ridiculous! We travel A LOT and this was one of the worst stays I have ever had ANYWHERE! Plus, the "updates" being done at the hotel are really kind of half-*ssed!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nichelle H

We regret that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for the hurricane recovery construction that us currently going on at the resort and for the inconvenience it caused. The balconies were closed for safety reasons as we paint the outside of the hotel. We apologize that the TV was not hooked up in your room before you checked in and that you were unable to play basketball because of the construction equipment. We are not a spring break hotel but unfortunately this year we had many spring breakers that broke or stole equipment, that is why it was being replaced. We wish you the best on all your future travels.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband, my 13yr old son and I took an last minute weekend getaway at the end of April to Daytona. I picked the Plaza because it was conveniently located and had decent reviews. However, the price was over rated for the type of “resort”. My room was a double queen with costal view but the beds are really full not queen. The bathroom is extremely small but the room had the convenience of a dry bar with a sink and microwave which was nice. Our room faced the south where there was construction which was an eye sore not to mention the drilling at 8am. Unfortunately we could not go out in the balcony because they were working on the building and we had construction workers on our window throughout the day. The ONLY time I happen to open the slider I got a pungent smell of weed coming from the room adjacent to mine. The rooms need TLC but they were clean. There is nothing special about the resort... but it is 8 walking minutes to the ocean shoppes. They offer valet parking but we chose to park ourselves. The pool is big and clean and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas. They have music playing by the pool and they also have a bar that was a little over priced. 16oz bud light was $7 at the hotel and a 32oz bud light was $4.99 at the pier. Over all it’s an ok hotel... very close to the action. I did not interact with the staff so, it’s safe to say that they are friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with family

We appreciate you writing a review and staying at the Plaza. We are happy you found our location convenient and enjoyed our pool. We regret that we currently have hurricane recovery construction taking place and that it was an inconvenience. We have a strict tolerance towards drug use on the hotel property and if someone is caught they are immediately evicted. We hope that you informed the front desk of the weed smell so it could be investigated. We invite you to visit us again so you may see all the improvements that are taking place.