2,414 results
All reviews front desk pool bar ocean front valet parking an older hotel pool side the entire staff bike week spring break checking in oceanfront room cynthia balcony cora daytona conference boardwalk
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Excellent service, especially at the gift shop (anita c) and the poolside bar and restaurant (Lil bit &dennis),smoothies are amazing!, my kids really enjoyed the swimming pool couldn't keep them out of it

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tiheem C
Reviewed 30 December 2015

My husband and I booked for 1 night on our way home from Christmas with Family. Called the day before we arrived - was told we could come earlier - near lunch time and use facilities if room was not ready. We arrived - waited in line for 20 mins and we were not even acknowledged while on line. After checking in - even though room was not ready we had to ask for a car pass and pool bands. Came back 2 hours later even though they stated they only needed 1 - had to wait in line for yet another 20 mins. when we got to the room it was not what we paid for. Called the front desk and was rudely told we had to come down and stand in again - no apologizes at all. We asked to speak to the front desk manager and when he came out he questioned my reservation - and demanded to see my confirmation before assisting any further. The 2nd room that was given to us was also not correct - when we came down again they were rude and huffed at having to help us again. We were finally given a 3rd room - which finally was correct. No bell service was offered - we had to carry the luggage all over the resort.
the bathroom was small and tight.
The carpet in the room was in the need of a deep cleaning for there were stains throughout the room.
That night though our neighbors decided to have the TV on at a very high volume all night .
Pros though for I hate being all that negative - the kitchenette was nice - the full fridge - the cleaning staff was friendly and when I asked for another coffee they were very accommodating.
The Pool Bartenders were also very nice and gave us a free drink after we told them about the horrible check in experience.
I guess the saying - You get what you pay for is very true for this place.
I would say - pay a little more and maybe stay at a named location
Will never stay there again or recommend

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Z3498XHKB
Reviewed 30 December 2015

My family came for a trip with offense defense sports camp. Upon entering the resort, we were very impressed. There's a breathtaking lobby with free valet service. There's a spa and pool on premises as well which are both very elegant. The highlight of going to the pool (which is outdoors) were 2 things: the giant poolside movie screen and the smoothie bar. We had the banana piña colada and strawberry daiquiri. They were amazing! The bartender was also very kind. Great place!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Crocker2015
Reviewed 24 December 2015

First of all we didn't tell anyone of our 25th anniversary when we checked in . Literally from the time we pulled up to the front entrance,we were greeted by a very well groomed young man that offerd to valet and to carry our luggage to our room and said what we heard quite offended thru our entire stay ,( no worry grutitty not required ) I was reluctant to oblige his services and continued with our luggage in hand to check with the very nice guest services check in girl. We asked for an upper floor for sight seeing the ocean front view and was given the top floor of which hands down was the nicest cleanest lovely fragrant smelling room we have ever experiencedwe and have never experienced such a professional staff from cleaning personal , food service, receptionist ,bar tender, even a passing employee who watched us take pictures of eachother twho offered to take one of us of which we thought was nice of her and of only then we shared our personal 25th anniversary with ..We needed to use their free online customer computer service and had a little difficulty getting it to print and the front desk person came to our rescue and helped us , also a passing maitance man whom was ever so nice offed to help as well. We go to our room and find a complementary bottle of champagne and a card from the manager acknowledging our 25th anniversary ..we were going to a different hotel for the past 10 years .we have definitely found a replacement hotel for us ..WOW ! what an experience....

Room tip: Don't assume that it is to high for your budget.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Booked through Hotwire. Good rate plus a $20. Resort fee. We only stayed over night and left early. We only saw the lobby and room. When going to the room it looked as if the paint work was done by kids. The room was ok, newer furniture and beds ok. Room has a wet bar. You can see this hotel is quite old and it shows. Bathroom too small for more than person. Bottom of metal door frames rusted out. My daughter said it made her feel icky, I would agree. The plus was that the views were spectacular. I would not go again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family