New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Brunswick, Georgia
“Great staff, but older property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were very pleased with the staff, who were without exception, very friendly and customer focused. They made us feel welcome and were very attentive to our needs. The property itself was directly on the beach with a wonderful view of the Atlantic. Our room had a balcony facing the ocean. Many of the rooms, including ours, had exterior hallways. We did not feel unsafe at all but many people do not like exterior halls. The air conditioner was a little louder than we thought it should be. No extra fees for parking! Overall, we were pleased with our stay and felt it was worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for interior hallway room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bscotthome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed there Apirl 4, 2012. This is truly a great place for a beach vacation. The room s were spacious, clean and the A/C works great!! The staff is some of the best at any hotel we have ever stayed at in a number of years. The complimentary breakfast is excellent and the freshly baked cookies in the evening go fast and arre wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront, 8th floor. It is the top floor but the views are amazing!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

From the time you enter the Hampton Inn, you are treated wonderfully. I've never seen a front desk clerk that seemed to enjoy his job more. He explained everything the hotel had to offer, even beyond the normal Hampton Inn. This hotel offers the use of free beach towels and beach chairs and has great, fresh cookies available in the evening. It has a large oceanfront pool with stairs from the pool area that go right to the beach.

I entered my room and found a large, well decorated room with a flat screen TV on a granite countertop, a refrigerator, work desk, easy chair and king-sized bed. I had a balcony with 2 chairs with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The AC was running and the room was cool, but felt damp. When I took off my shoes, I realized the room was more than damp as my socks got wet walking on the carpet.

I went to the front desk and the clerk was honestly upset that I had this problem. He began to scramble for solutions, including offering to move me but he had no other oceanfront rooms. He came up with a workable solution in that he would have housekeeping try to extract water from the carpet while I was at dinner. When I got back, I found out that he personally had moved a dehumidifier into my room. I entered my room to an artic chill and a dehumidifier going full blast. It worked well enough so I stayed there and sat on the balcony listening to the ocean until bedtime.

The next morning I enjoyed hot coffee and hot scrambled eggs for breakfast, looking out at the Atlantic Ocean and reading the local paper left for me at my door. Check out took less than 30 seconds and I went on my way. Even though the moisture issue concerned me, the staff was fantastic and the location unbeatable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank grhokie
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This Hampton is the best place to stay in Daytona Beach, Florida. From the minute you walk in the front door, the staff is always there making sure you have a great stay with no stress and great experiences. They will do anything to make sure you are enjoying your stay, from the smiles or the items (towels, chairs, toys, skim boards) that you can borrow to take down to the beach to enjoy, especially if you are from out of town. The breakfast is great and the cookies are a welcome snack at night. It is truly a family-oriented hotel and Sandy Ellis is the manager of the year in my book!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We were driving down to the west coast of Florida at the end of Dec. and our first beach stop was at the Daytona Beach Hampton Inn. The front desk was extremely friendly and very helpful with dinner suggestions. Our room was nice with a flat screen TV,comfortable beds, and after seeing the view from our balcony we decided to walk on the beach. I locked our cash in the safe and enjoyed the immediate access to the beach.The next morning I forgot to check the safe and realized it upon our arrival on the West Coast. I called the front desk and the young man called the room to see if he could check the safe. He called me back that he would have to wait for the guests to return but would call us later. Amazingly, he called with wonderful news that he had found our money. He and the General Manager mailed me a check to arrive at our next destination. I was so happy and impressed that this hotel values service and honesty above all.

Room Tip: Be nice and specific about what you would like in the room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple