“The Best Weekend Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hawaiian Inn

Hawaiian Inn
Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
New Port Richey, Florida
“The Best Weekend Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I just stayed 2 nights at the Hawaiian Inn on Daytona Beach and had the best weekend ever!! We stayed in Room 432 and was totally blown away by the way it was decorated. We found the grounds of the hotel to be very clean, and very well maintained. I read a few other reviews and was a little concerned with what it might actually be like once we arrived. As soon as we got checked in and saw our room for the first time, all worries were gone! I have never been so impressed. My husband and I live 40 minutes from Clearwater Beach (on the West Coast) but won't go to the beaches in our area. Daytona Beach is the cleaniest beach I beleive you'll find in Florida. HIGHLY recommend setting your alarm and watching the sun come up....truely a beautiful sight!! My husband and I enjoyed our stay so much, we are already making plans to return in August 2012 for my 40th birthday!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristena B
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you were impressed with your room and had a great stay with us! Sounds like you and your husband took advantage of the beach, too! We can't wait to see the both of you in August!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Moultrie, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hawaiian on Daytona Beach. The staff was very professional and helpful. The heated pool, putt putt course and shuffleboard added extra value. And obviously spending time on an almost deserted Daytona Beach was excellent. We plan on making this an annual event.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank MARK f
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan on making your vacation with us an annual event! We're glad to hear you were able to partake in some of the fun activities we offer such as mini golf and shuffleboard. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and we're happy to hear the staff delivered. See you next year! :)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Before my stay at the Hawaiian Inn I read every review and had seriously considered finding somewhere else. I am glad I didn't. Much of what I read that was negative was true. Could have been cleaner, there was some construction noise, house keeping was hit and miss at times, the pool was closed for repairs, and the some of furniture could be replaced. Having said this, I had a great time. Our room was totally livable; the view is amazing... we even saw doplhins on our last day just where I had been swimming only an hour prior. It is obvious that the hotel has made many improvements and is continuing to do so. The price makes it very accessible for the average person / couple / family. I would definitely return. We had room 519 which has two queen beds and a pull out couch - it wasn't perfect but I will request it next time if I was given a room I didn't like. What I mean by not perfect is the beds are not very comfortable and although you can tell someone tried to renovate the room the work is a little sloppy... but like I said, I would totally stay again. In fact, I'll likely look into purchasing a condo here of my own at some point. Mybiggest complaint is the beds... and the awful noise of the fans from the restaurant... they are loud and woke me up every day that the restaurant was open. Maybe it was so great since I expected worse.... but in all honesty I felt welcome, safe, comfortable, and had a great vacation.

I also seriously recommend local restaurants Zen Bistro and Our Deck Down Under.... the best food I had while visiting.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean facing room that is not close to the front of the hotel in order to avoid the noise...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rosapisces
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of your comments, and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Green Cove Springs, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We have been to this hotel twice and are already planning another trip back.The staff here is fabulous ,the view is breath taking, and the rooms are great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
Thank you for your positive review! It gives us great pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and found our staff accommodating. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

What a sad place! Dark and old fashioned receptionarea should have scared me off, but no. The room faced the ocean and the view is spectacular, but the place is just sad, long corridors and a room where most of the furniture should have been replaced a long time ago. The area is not wery interesting either, just a ihop restaurant and a Mall close by.

• Stayed December 2011
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to improve and we assure you that management has been notified. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Daytona Beach.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels