“Most horrible experience ever!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Marina Motel

San Marina Motel
Ranked #90 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Most horrible experience ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

They advertised the rooms being $35 but it ended up costing $55 for a night. When we entered the room it was cramped and smelled old. There was no shampoo or lotion, no remote control or a phone. There were only two towels and when we went to ask for more the lady manager said that there were only two per room and she said it was not her problem. Also the key that they gave me for the room jammed in the door and we had to get someone to fix it. The sheets were not clean, stained and had burn holes in them. When I asked for a refund so that I could go to another hotel after two hours they showed me the fine print on the receipt that stated no refund. Check out time was at ten o'clock very early and I asked for a late checkout at ten thirty she said yes. The management was very rude and unfriendly. Ten o'clock rolls around and they knocked on the door saying that we either needed to pay for another room or leave or they were calling the police. I preceded to pack my bags and leave and told him so although he was already on the phone with the police saying that we refused to leave although I never said that. the point is no one should ever stay at this hotel. I was appalled by their terrible customer service and I would never go back.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank alexandrathegreat1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. I was a little nervous due to the previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised when entering the room. It was clean and had a microwave and mini fridge. The television worked just fine as well. The pool is also huge and looked very clean. The hotel is directly across from public beach access. The only two complaints I have is no shampoo in the shower and the walk to Sea Breeze for the night clubs was a bit far in heels..but both ways we had cabs stop and give us a five dollar ride right away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeacherSarahinFl
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

My boyfriend and I got room 207, a non-smoking, king sized bed room at the San Marina for two nights to celebrate my birthday. There were no major problems at all! There were a couple of bugs in the bathroom, but it was nowhere close to an infestation and there are bound to be a few in the summer in Florida. The bed was clean and comfortable and the maintenance staff changed the sheets daily. The bathroom and the room itself were also clean. The picture quality on the TV was bad, which really doesn't matter. The refigerator and microwave both worked well and there was an ice machine onsite so we could bring drinks to the beach. The room decor was hideous, but once again, that really doesn't matter. The absolute best thing about this hotel is the LOCATION! It's right across the street from the beach, walking distance from dining, shopping, nightclubs, bars and the pier. We didn't use the car the entire time we were there. Also, for the price, it's probably unbeatable. I didn't think it was possible to get a room in Daytona during peak season so close to the beach for the price I paid! Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the San Marina and will most likely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda1127
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

If you are just looking for a cheap place to crash not too far from things this place is your Westin! But if you were looking for good FRIENDLY service, clean rooms, or any types of luxuries like an extra towel after swimming...you are looking at the wrong place. I know this sounds bad, but I knew what they were charging wasn't going to be the best...and I was satisfied!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sturdy83
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed in a non-smoking double bed room there for three nights. It was a horrible experience. The room had no window and when we asked the receptionist, she said that is the case for all double bed rooms. The sheets seemed dirty although they were changed daily. The towels had lots of stains on them. The detergent they used had a very strong smell and the receptionists were not nice at all. The only good point was the location which was close to the beach. It was not quite cheap in comparison with the other available options. We could get a better room on Ocean resort walk (across the street) with the same price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple