1,080 results
All reviewsocean frontindoor poolacross the streetfront deskparking garagestove topfull size fridgesmall kitchenfire pitnon smokingoceanfront roomeasy access to the beachcoffee makerspring breakbike weekbalconytubs
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

So I stay in this hotel 20 nights or more per year. The front desk staff is amazing and totally upgrades me everytime i stay. They are located just a couple blocks from Main Street which is full of cool bars. The hotel has an excellent steakhouse and sports bar inside as well as a delicious buffet breakfast. This is the best hotel to stay in at Daytona Beach by far.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyvegas22
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Johnny,
Your kind words and return visits are greatly appreciated. Knowing we met your needs again and provided you with another outstanding experience means a lot to us. Our team members will be delighted to hear their service was a premium for you. Our location is excellent for enjoying awesome restaurants and sports bars. We're happy you feel that way too. We'll look forward to welcoming you back to Daytona Beach Resort again the next time you return our awesome town!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

In 2016 I wrote a glowing review on this hotel. So...we went back in February of 2017. We fully understood that they had sustained damage from the hurricane in October of 2016 as did many of the hotels on the beach. However, the first night we were put in a room that was horrible. The staff was gracious and moved us for the next night. The second room was a great improvement. Our complaint was that the housekeeping was not very good. They didn't come in to make the beds or clean the room for 2 nights of the 7 we were there. We took it in stride but in February 2018 we are going to venture out to another locale. A lot of this is based on the reduced rating and also other reviews that seem to show an ongoing deterioration. We love DBR and hope that they can pull it all together.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the tower. the others are motel style/shared balcony etc.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathiw97
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice stay and room. But I left 2 towels there and came back the next day. I called 5 times to lost and found and they haven't gonna to the room to look. When arrived there I ask if they found it and one lady at the desk said yes and they other lady (looked more in charge) said no there wasn't anything found and kept pushing it. It was all too weird and suspicious. Housekeepers where rude. They said that there were no other options to find the towels. Also they never offered to let us look in the lost and found.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krystina M
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I travel for business so upon arriving I was exhausted to say the least. I had a small issue when checking in. Shelley K handled my concern in a very professional and efficient manner. She was very pleasant and exhibited a very positive attitude. The rooms were nice just a little dated. The ocean view was amazing.The housekeeping wasn't the best as far as the cleanliness of the refrigerator and microwave. My overall experience was a good one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Erikka2013
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a king room that faced away from the sunrise. This particular portion of the building must have been built in the 70s. It had a wall of plate glass with the entry door in it with the air conditioning unit on the ground poking through the glass. Yes, the room does have an almost complete kitchen. The bathroom sink is in the same countertop as the kitchen sink but off to the left side. The carpet in this place was filthy and the rooms and hallways in all the buildings we passed through smelled musty.
I took one of the bathroom towels and wiped the white tile floor and the towel turned gray. There were pieces of candy stuck to the carpet, so I moistened a paper towel and tried to remove the candy. The paper towel came up black from the dirt that it soaked up from the carpet. After I found this out, I did not walk on the carpet without my slippers on my feet. I wiped down the entire bathroom and kitchen area tile floor. At least that was clean. I then used bath towels for carpet runners. Looking at two of our bath towels, one was bright white and one was dingy yellow.
The sheer curtain that was behind the drapery covering the plate glass wall window was ripped approximately 12 inches, from repeatedly getting caught in the door opening.

With it being turtle nesting season on the coast, everyone is required to turn off all of the big exterior lights. I understand the reason why this is necessary but the pool decks need some sort of lighting on them other than yellow porch lights around their perimeter. The pool area decking is so dark that I almost ran into somebody talking on their cell phone because I did not see them until I was on top of them. One of my main factors for choosing this location was its proximity to the ocean and the fact that it had a hot tub. The hot tub has been in disrepair since hurricane Matthew hit that coast in 2016. Evidently this dump has no plans to fix said hot tub because they built a concrete block wall around it and enclosed it so you can't even see it. The website does not say that there is not one. It still has pictures showing that they have it. That's false advertising in my book.
I'm guessing that some of the maintenance workers are the ones that attempted to cut a hole in the ceiling just above the refrigerator and realize that was the wrong location and stopped, then went into the closet and cut the same size hole in the closet and removed the sheet rock cut out to access the plumbing but did not patch the hole in the kitchen. The 10x10 piece of sheet rock is still covering part of the hole.

The water pressure in this room is so bad that I felt like I was taking a shower, not from a showerhead, but from a straw! Normally I change out the shower heads with my own that I carry with me on vacation(Teflon tape, pliers, crescent wrench, 3 different shower heads), but I figured for one night it would be OK. Boy was I wrong! On the setting that will allow the most water to come out in the center of the showerhead, the water would come straight out about 1/2 of an inch and immediately head towards the bathtub. Just for kicks, when you get finished reading this review, go cover up 85% of the holes in your showerhead and take a shower. Or better yet, use the sprayer from your kitchen sink! I think a kitchen sink sprayer will have more water pressure and volume than that shower did.

Check out time is clearly stated on the back of the door as being 11 AM. That did not stop the housekeeping staff from coming by at 8:30am and knocking on the door, waking you up just to see if you were there or not.

I do not usually use this language in my reviews but this particular place was a S**T
HOLE!!

I guess the old adage applies, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple