New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #62 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
holly hill
“fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

i loved it verry verry clean,yes you need keys to get to the pool and inside of bld,but to me thats great less rif raf.The staff was great,the night maint man whent out of his way to make sure i got my keys back when i left them on the pool deck,not only is it comforting knowing theres someone around but having some security is a blessing.The rooms where great clean and comfortable having my kids and spouse there and there was plenty of room.Iwill be back thanks to the great staff and there hospitaliyt.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank spazer
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our resort. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken the time to make the resort an even better destination for our guests and hope to see you again!

Ariel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I booked my trip through Westgate, which owns about half of the building. I was looking for a nice place to take my daughter and her friend for spring break 2011. I was a little nervous since I booked a place online last year that was a bit of a disappointment. This year was much different. The place is very secure and has been recently undergone a remodel. Our room had three rooms and two bathrooms and an ocean front balcony. I booked in advance and got 20% off. I spent less than 90 dollars a day for a beautiful place. I should warn you, you do need keys to get everywhere in the place but the pay off is that no strangers are walking up to your pool area. It's a little far to the boardwalk so if you are not up for walking, I can see where it may bother you. They do not have a restuarant or a bar...which was fine with me. I brought my own food and drinks...big deal, right? It was a family oriented place and EVERYONE was extremely helpful. Also, I was told when I checked in that they did guarentee wireless in the LOBBY but due to the age of the building they just could not tell me the service worked throughout the building. I was lucky and my internet worked great although I did see people with their laptops in the building. If that matters to you. I would still go even if I couldn't get wireless service since I don't go to the beach to be on my computer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Janislin63

NE PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

We went to this area because the space shuttle was supposed to be going off and we could not get anything in the Titusville area for a decent price.
I liked this hotel because it was beachfront and it had a kitchen, that's it. The room was so tight 2 people could not pass each other in any area, that was amazing! It was like the room was built in a hallway!
Parking was a nightmare. The place had a parking lot but you risked your own life as well as the life of your car trying to get a spot! A woman put her car in reverse and backed up to get a spot before we did! When we didn't back up far enough for her to manuever, she leaped out of her car and started yelling and gesturing!!...lol...there was another car BEHIND us, we COULDN"T reverse even if we wanted to!! ...so we just sat there and watched her do backward flips with her car to get it into the spot.

Another day we had parked our car only to come out and have a hotel worker yell at us that we took 'his spot and how was he supposed to fix his motorcycle if we were parked there'!!??? This was a HANDICAPPED spot and NOT marked with his personal name on it!! I could not believe this was happening!

It had a fitness center but apparently that was only for owners because our key did not let us in, nor the next people who tried. What a waste.

I will admit the one manager was very nice to us, but the rest? and the owners, especially the ones on the first floor?...lol...snobs is an adjective that is too nice to use.

Ugh...never again, nor will I recommend the place.

Run..run, run away!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MomKat2
We appreciate your review! We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we have improved on.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

austin texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

I had read other reviews about this hotel/condo that were not good, but they could not be more wrong. Room was spacious very clean ocean front w/balcony great pool and hot tub. A little older than some in the area but very nicely kept. Restaurants were on other reviews as not close well the board walk and all the hotels, bars shops etc... is like 3 blocks away walk down the beach it is wonderful or if after dark there is a sidewalk.
I would stay there again and would recommend others look at this place as well, you will be very surprised.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank dolphins_78660

Abergele, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Yes its not a 5 star but it is a good 3 star. The views out over the ocean are stunning and being able to walk from the pool area int the sea by just unlocking a gate is great. My wife and I found plenty to do in the area in particularly at the Speedway And Flea market and there are lots of places close by to visit. we found lots of places to eat out within a short car ride away and in fact we are booking for two weeks in 2011! Slight negatives, no safe in rooms which when travelling from UK means nowhere to keep passports safe also having to pay for laundry is a pain otherwise we were quite please on this our second visit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple