“Worst place ”

Econo Lodge Oceanfront
Ranked #57 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Worst hotel experience we have had with even worse customer service. We simply asked them not to clean our room because we were only here for 2 nights and had our stuff all spread out. They proceeded to enter our room, move all of our stuff all over, including money we had in the room and never actually cleaned the room. Only the bed was made... the paint on the ceiling and walls was peeling. We would never come back here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tara C

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Room smelt moldy, air conditioning didn't work, toilet seat was broken.
Hotel and pool were right on the beach, but nothing around - no where to eat, no bars.
Limited parking available.
Continental breakfast was ok.
Embarrassed to say we stayed there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Breakfast was good. Location was good. Parking was good. Comfy bed. It did feel a little dirty walking in there. Saw a bed bug inspected the bed it was okay. Maybe it was the other bed. Didn't want to check.Had to knit pick which pillows to use because the casings were stained.Some bedding and towels were stained .We had to wear long sleeves shirts, long pants and socks when asleep because the bed didn't feel clean.The office was under construction which is a good thing. Hopefully they will renovate the rest. Paid $77 so I guess i get what I paid for. My BF and I agreed to spend more money a night at hotels after this stay. Had a good time other than that, however, will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Got there and immediatly tried to cancel reservation. Outside of room was pile of garbage and cigarette butts. In side looked like had not been vacumed in awhile. Dirty window cills, dirty mirror, cigarette burn marks bedding and white stain on blankets. I took pics and have kept them. Looked like mouse dropping in cupbords. Still have not recieved my money back from deposit or canceled room. I am through with all econlodge as they are only worth $29.99 oh and i did not mention worse continental breakfast ever

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wojdwand
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Beginning with check in just by going in the lobby area which was in complete shambles from the ceiling to the furniture to the smell it immediately gave me an overall idea of how the condition of this entire hotel was. Upon entering my first room the smell of smoke and sweat from a man was unbearable. (The next day we saw the same male housekeeper wearing exactly the same clothes as the day before smoking outside of the room he was cleaning with the door open to it.) The room was scorching hot and we found out it was due to the wall unit being half way off the wall and not functioning at all. Called the front desk three times with no answer. Now I have just been down there and there were three people in the room yet nobody could pick up the phone. Went down to the front desk and the three people were still there two of them not busy enough to not pick up a phone. I had to wait for the manager to come to the room to realize the AC unit was completely busted. He moved us to the room next-door and although the smell was slightly better it's still had a bad musky sweaty smell to it. At least the AC was working. We had to leave for a competition we had to go to but upon arriving back later that night we just wanted to relax take a shower and eat our dinner we just bought. Suddenly we realize a bunch of baby roaches crawling on the wall,unfortunately that would not be our last encounter with them as they were all over the place even coming up from the drain as I was taking a shower. The bedsheets were stained and literally see through due to the amount of times they have been used and washed. Crumbs of food were found in between the sheets and the surfaces were sticky to the touch. I worked 20 years in the hotel industry and I know this is due to complete lack of cleanliness and using the same rag to clean the entire room and possibly all of the rooms. I could go on with so many other things from the outside of the hotel to the stairway with no lighting and dirt of years not cleaned up it's really insane. This was a very unpleasant experience. This property is in a prime location with a gorgeous view that deserves and needs desperately of a complete makeover or renovation from literally top to bottom. Needless to say I would never ever stay there again and I will encourage anyone to not even think about staying there. I consider it literally dangerous to one's health.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family