See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Room smelt moldy, air conditioning didn't work, toilet seat was broken.
Hotel and pool were right on the beach, but nothing around - no where to eat, no bars.
Limited parking available.
Continental breakfast was ok.
Embarrassed to say we stayed there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Breakfast was good. Location was good. Parking was good. Comfy bed. It did feel a little dirty walking in there. Saw a bed bug inspected the bed it was okay. Maybe it was the other bed. Didn't want to check.Had to knit pick which pillows to use because the casings were stained.Some bedding and towels were stained .We had to wear long sleeves shirts, long pants and socks when asleep because the bed didn't feel clean.The office was under construction which is a good thing. Hopefully they will renovate the rest. Paid $77 so I guess i get what I paid for. My BF and I agreed to spend more money a night at hotels after this stay. Had a good time other than that, however, will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Got there and immediatly tried to cancel reservation. Outside of room was pile of garbage and cigarette butts. In side looked like had not been vacumed in awhile. Dirty window cills, dirty mirror, cigarette burn marks bedding and white stain on blankets. I took pics and have kept them. Looked like mouse dropping in cupbords. Still have not recieved my money back from deposit or canceled room. I am through with all econlodge as they are only worth $29.99 oh and i did not mention worse continental breakfast ever

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wojdwand
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Beginning with check in just by going in the lobby area which was in complete shambles from the ceiling to the furniture to the smell it immediately gave me an overall idea of how the condition of this entire hotel was. Upon entering my first room the smell of smoke and sweat from a man was unbearable. (The next day we saw the same male housekeeper wearing exactly the same clothes as the day before smoking outside of the room he was cleaning with the door open to it.) The room was scorching hot and we found out it was due to the wall unit being half way off the wall and not functioning at all. Called the front desk three times with no answer. Now I have just been down there and there were three people in the room yet nobody could pick up the phone. Went down to the front desk and the three people were still there two of them not busy enough to not pick up a phone. I had to wait for the manager to come to the room to realize the AC unit was completely busted. He moved us to the room next-door and although the smell was slightly better it's still had a bad musky sweaty smell to it. At least the AC was working. We had to leave for a competition we had to go to but upon arriving back later that night we just wanted to relax take a shower and eat our dinner we just bought. Suddenly we realize a bunch of baby roaches crawling on the wall,unfortunately that would not be our last encounter with them as they were all over the place even coming up from the drain as I was taking a shower. The bedsheets were stained and literally see through due to the amount of times they have been used and washed. Crumbs of food were found in between the sheets and the surfaces were sticky to the touch. I worked 20 years in the hotel industry and I know this is due to complete lack of cleanliness and using the same rag to clean the entire room and possibly all of the rooms. I could go on with so many other things from the outside of the hotel to the stairway with no lighting and dirt of years not cleaned up it's really insane. This was a very unpleasant experience. This property is in a prime location with a gorgeous view that deserves and needs desperately of a complete makeover or renovation from literally top to bottom. Needless to say I would never ever stay there again and I will encourage anyone to not even think about staying there. I consider it literally dangerous to one's health.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This hotel is run by a very nice family. It appears mom and dad are the housekeepers and son appears to run front desk. This hotel used to be one of the old mom and pop hotels. It has not been upgraded at all from the outside. It looks very old and worn. Rust on most of the metal, very narrow stairway to second floor. Beware! All doors open out and the second floor walkway is very narrow. I was hit once by someone coming out of a room. The keyless entry was not working on our door, so they gave us a key. That was fine with me, but the door sticks pretty bad and I cut my hand twice trying to get into the room. Once inside the room, it is nice. It is obvious they have upgraded the rooms inside. Very comfortable beds, nice clean linens, newer flat screen TV. On that note, very few TV channels. No kids channels! Use the hotel guide book to find the channels you want, basically only sports channels and news channels are already programmed. Others spoke of roaches, we saw no bugs at all. I had asked about that before arriving and was told following hurricane Matthew there were some, but they had pest service get rid of them. The front office is still in bad shape from the hurricane. Breakfast consisted of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran, prepackaged bagel, honey bun or cheap cinnamon roll and apples. The OJ and apple juice were so terrible I couldn't drink them. Coffee was ok. The milk seemed ok. The pool was pretty and looked very clean and inviting, but way too cold to get into. They also have a hot tub, but I didn't trust it. Basically, for a mom and pop hotel this was acceptable, but the price we paid was way too much. The balcony was nice, although it was $20 extra to have an oceanfront view. The fact that this was a national chain, Econo Lodge, is what upsets me. This was not up to par for a national chain hotel. This is a non-smoking hotel, although people are standing around outside the rooms smoking. The rooms include a small kitchenette with mini-fridge, mini-microwave, sink and dishes. There is also a coffee pot. The room was quiet during the night. We heard a horn blow around 2am, but never heard any people although hotel was full.

Room Tip: You definitely want ocean view. We were in room 216 and had a good view. Bring food to save money.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family