See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Beginning with check in just by going in the lobby area which was in complete shambles from the ceiling to the furniture to the smell it immediately gave me an overall idea of how the condition of this entire hotel was. Upon entering my first room the smell of smoke and sweat from a man was unbearable. (The next day we saw the same male housekeeper wearing exactly the same clothes as the day before smoking outside of the room he was cleaning with the door open to it.) The room was scorching hot and we found out it was due to the wall unit being half way off the wall and not functioning at all. Called the front desk three times with no answer. Now I have just been down there and there were three people in the room yet nobody could pick up the phone. Went down to the front desk and the three people were still there two of them not busy enough to not pick up a phone. I had to wait for the manager to come to the room to realize the AC unit was completely busted. He moved us to the room next-door and although the smell was slightly better it's still had a bad musky sweaty smell to it. At least the AC was working. We had to leave for a competition we had to go to but upon arriving back later that night we just wanted to relax take a shower and eat our dinner we just bought. Suddenly we realize a bunch of baby roaches crawling on the wall,unfortunately that would not be our last encounter with them as they were all over the place even coming up from the drain as I was taking a shower. The bedsheets were stained and literally see through due to the amount of times they have been used and washed. Crumbs of food were found in between the sheets and the surfaces were sticky to the touch. I worked 20 years in the hotel industry and I know this is due to complete lack of cleanliness and using the same rag to clean the entire room and possibly all of the rooms. I could go on with so many other things from the outside of the hotel to the stairway with no lighting and dirt of years not cleaned up it's really insane. This was a very unpleasant experience. This property is in a prime location with a gorgeous view that deserves and needs desperately of a complete makeover or renovation from literally top to bottom. Needless to say I would never ever stay there again and I will encourage anyone to not even think about staying there. I consider it literally dangerous to one's health.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This hotel is run by a very nice family. It appears mom and dad are the housekeepers and son appears to run front desk. This hotel used to be one of the old mom and pop hotels. It has not been upgraded at all from the outside. It looks very old and worn. Rust on most of the metal, very narrow stairway to second floor. Beware! All doors open out and the second floor walkway is very narrow. I was hit once by someone coming out of a room. The keyless entry was not working on our door, so they gave us a key. That was fine with me, but the door sticks pretty bad and I cut my hand twice trying to get into the room. Once inside the room, it is nice. It is obvious they have upgraded the rooms inside. Very comfortable beds, nice clean linens, newer flat screen TV. On that note, very few TV channels. No kids channels! Use the hotel guide book to find the channels you want, basically only sports channels and news channels are already programmed. Others spoke of roaches, we saw no bugs at all. I had asked about that before arriving and was told following hurricane Matthew there were some, but they had pest service get rid of them. The front office is still in bad shape from the hurricane. Breakfast consisted of Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran, prepackaged bagel, honey bun or cheap cinnamon roll and apples. The OJ and apple juice were so terrible I couldn't drink them. Coffee was ok. The milk seemed ok. The pool was pretty and looked very clean and inviting, but way too cold to get into. They also have a hot tub, but I didn't trust it. Basically, for a mom and pop hotel this was acceptable, but the price we paid was way too much. The balcony was nice, although it was $20 extra to have an oceanfront view. The fact that this was a national chain, Econo Lodge, is what upsets me. This was not up to par for a national chain hotel. This is a non-smoking hotel, although people are standing around outside the rooms smoking. The rooms include a small kitchenette with mini-fridge, mini-microwave, sink and dishes. There is also a coffee pot. The room was quiet during the night. We heard a horn blow around 2am, but never heard any people although hotel was full.

Room Tip: You definitely want ocean view. We were in room 216 and had a good view. Bring food to save money.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 4tamtam2
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Should have never slept there! First picture front door, this was our welcome!?!!

The room was musty and smelled like smoke. All the doors were dirty.

Walls had missing paint. The dust ruffles on the beds were disgusting and extremely filthy! They were not even in place properly, plus its Not a good idea to put dust ruffles in a hotel room.
God only know all the crap that wAs on them.

Walked out to the pool area about 730 pm and it wAs pitch dark.

In the am we walked out to watch the sunrise, the banister of the steps down to the beach were damaged and missing, due to damage from a hurricane. (4 months ago) In addition There were some pieces of rusted railing that was dangling and waving around in the wind. I could envision it hitting someone in the eye. The dangling railing could have been removed with a simple screwdriver.

The breakfast area had a filthy trash can lid.

For the price we paid I didn't expect 5 star... I did expect a clean room ... cleaning products are not a luxury. Funny that they hold a $50 deposit in cAse of damage. I should have stole the Dust Ruffles!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alejandra H
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Will never stay here again. Had to take hangers out of the closet and wedge in the windows as they didn't lock or have a screen or even have a lock to lock them. The bed was like laying on the floor. Walked in & the smell of mold hits ya hard. Good thing we went out right away & got drunk or I wouldn't have been able to sleep in there!! The price was like $200 a night because it was Biketoberfest. Not worth $50!!

Room Tip: get 2nd floor, because windows don't lock.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pattihuro
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We walk into the room, and we see a roach on the bed. I thought it was an isolated incident. I go to the bathroom and notice 2 baby roaches. I then go to the night table to set down my things and there is a huge roach staring at me. That was my boiling point. I go to the front office and demand another room due to a roach infestion. The clerk tells me, "it is common for there to be bugs in Florida due to the hot weather." To which l replied, "l live in Miami, and my house has NO roaches." I hate when someone insults my intelligence. It's just as simple as fumigating to maintain the property bug free. He gave another room which was surprisingly roach free, but you can tell the owners don't care much about this place. The paint is gone and chipped in most places. The rooms smell old and some other odd smell. Breakfast is included. Cereal, milk, bagels, and apples. I got the last plastic spoon so my girlfriend and l had to share it. There was no one around to assist. The smoke detector was detached in our room. Honestly, for this price you can find a better hotel option.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple