other traveller has booked this property

Review of Tee Villa Florida

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bluesky14...
“Nice enough house but BEWARE!!! construction works going on just behind the house!”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed at the villa in April 2015 and had a nice time so decided to return this year in May, for almost 3 weeks. We are a family of 3, myself, my husband and our 2 year old little boy. The house is very spacious (too big for just the 3 of us of course) and has every comfort. It's in Davenport in a nice area and close enough to everything.

Upon arrival on Friday the pool was not clean and there were ants in the master bathroom and bedroom, which kept on coming during the weekend, but we called the maintenance company on Monday, they were very nice, and they came around the following day and fixed both problems.

The same day (Tuesday) however to our horror, we found a load of builders and machinery, literally in our back yard, a few meters behind the pool.

It appeared this was the start of a new development of construction in the area just behind the house (so gone nice view you see on the photos!).

From that day onwards it was LIVING HELL!!! The builders started work everyday at 7 AM up until 4:30 PM, with several bulldozers breaking up the concrete just behind the house which made the whole house tremble (seriously it was like an earth quake and quite scared us the first time when we didn't know what it was). Even the glasses and crockery in the cupboards rattled! The noise was horrible, so at 7 AM everyday everyone was awake. Not exactly what you want on your holiday!!!

Also we had little or no privacy, the builders were that close, they greeted us every morning from inside their bulldozers when we were at the breakfast table. Nice when you're in your pj's.

Sitting by the pool was hence out of the question and where we had planned to schedule in a day of rest by the pool between each day at the parks, we now just ran every single day, as quick as we could, to escape the racket! Definitely not what we had wanted and this added a lot of cost to our spending which we had not anticipated.

As we had booked directly through the owner's website, we emailed him straight away, asking why we had not been notified of this and if there was any sort of compensation he could offer us. He claimed he didn't know in advance and it was not his fault, and offered a refund of £100 (= $120). We couldn't believe it.

We don't want to sound ungrateful, and I even felt for the owner because this will cause him massive problems all summer with following guests, and even after, because the nice views will be a thing of the past - soon there will be a neighbour's pool just behind his - but £100, really?????!!! This is next to nothing on the amount we spent for our almost 3 week holiday! We saved long and hard for this trip and were just so disappointed!

I emailed back saying that even though I appreciated the offer, this was nowhere near enough, we would have preferred to leave and just book somewhere else from the 2nd week onwards. Clearly though, any other refund was not gonna happen. All I got was: 'it's not our fault, so all I can do is give you 10% discount for your next booking'.

Clearly we will never be staying there again.

Another very stressful thing was the amount of huge spiders we came across inside the house. We saw 5 very big ones and 9 smallish 'normal' ones. In the wardrobe, in the bathroom, on the carpet, inside the pool, one time even on the side of the bed. Now I have seen the odd spider in Orlando before, but generally find they compare to the size we have in Western Europe. However we were not prepared for this! Both myself and my husband are afraid of spiders and so it took a whole lot of courage (and some alcohol!) to be able to kill these monsters. Funny coloured very big ones with stripes even. The images are still burnt on my iris. :( This probably had nothing to do with the quality of the house and again I assume it was a result of the construction works and all the moving of soil in the garden, but they had to get it from somewhere and it was not a nice surprise, so we were constantly checking everywhere from then onwards to see if there were more.

By Tuesday the following week the pool was absolutely filthy (we had only been in it once, the day the works had started) because of all the dirt of the works, and even though I had rang the maintenance company 3 times and got the answerphone so left messages, by Friday still nothing had happened. On Saturday I called them again, apparently they had been by to clean it on Friday (as always we were out) and had cleaned it 3 times but couldn't get it clean, there was that much dirt in it! We didn't even see a difference. I told them they should have just let me know they were coming, then I wouldn't have to keep calling up and be annoyed. The manager of the maintenance company was friendly though and agreed everybody had 'underestimated' the construction works. That was putting it lightly. I think he felt sorry for us. When we came back from Disney on Saturday the pool was spotless so finally on Sunday we finally managed a few hours (because the weather wasn't great) by the pool. Yay.

Then on Monday was our last day so that was it. We were actually happy to leave the house (though sad to leave Orlando!) and will stay in a hotel next time but definitely never there again! We left much more stressed and tired than before our holiday!!!

I still gave one star for the facilities of the house, but 0 for how we have been treated and the service! I have added some photos of the construction works and the view from the living room and pool.

Management Response
28 Jun 2017
The owners and management company were not aware of the pending construction work until almost the date it started. As the guest stated this initial work was noisy as it involved breaking up an old road. Following the guests complaint the manager did approach the company and reminded them that on the 5 days they worked they were not supposed to commence before 8.00. a.m.
All of the pools are visited weekly but the problem in this instance arose from the stormy conditions at the time. Sand from the adjacent site did not help this however it was only sand on the bottom of the pool which did not prevent it from being used. Once given the opportunity to settle it did filter away returning the clarity.
Unfortunately we share Florida with various insects and animals which we would prefer not to reside our accommodation with. All we can do is treat to keep these at bay. Again the weather at this time of year and possibly building work may have magnified this problem.
Regarding this particular property the owner goes well beyond that which is normally necessary by maintaining it to a high standard and regularly decorating and updated its contents for the enjoyment of its guests.
It would appear that the extremely negative review has arisen purely because the guest wanted a larger refund. It should be remembered that as these issues were beyond the owners control he was not therefore obliged to make any recompense. It was purely a goodwill gesture on his behalf which clearly has not met with the guests expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
USD 110
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing