“Dolphin Villa Davenport”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool/Spa Area Lounge Area Elevated View
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
Pool and Lake Picture
Pool Area
Master Bedroom (2nd Picture)
Bathroom Picture
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
chrisjche...
“Dolphin Villa Davenport”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

We booked this villa for a family group of twelve.
The location was good for access by road to the theme parks but not as close to International Drive as the Westgate Resort we had stayed at previously.
The villa was ideal for the size of our family group, nicely furnished and clean. In a quiet location with no traffic noise and a lovely lakeside view.
When we arrived we found that the fly screens surrounding the pool had been damaged by a storm on the previous day but a phone call to the local management company was promptly responded to by a visit to sort this out.
Although the villa was well appointed if I wanted to be a bit picky some of the accessories although functioning were in need of change or repair. I'm talking here really about the pool table and air hockey in the games room which we did not spend a lot of time using.
The pool area was more of an attraction but the water temperature a bit too cool in March for our liking. I believe the pool heaters could be switched on for an extra charge but we never investigated this option as the children had plenty of time in the water parks.
Telephone and Wi-Fi was not always available. At random times the phone line would be dead and consequently no Wi-Fi. Not sure if this was down to problems with the line provider or not but as we were in the parks most days this was tolerable.
Would we stay again or recommend to our friends? The answer is yes as value for money this was a good choice and a great base for us to explore from.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
dcovillio...
Bellows Falls, Vermont
“Owner and rental management company issues”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I will start with me and my family arrived at property on a Saturday night after a 24 hour drive from VT. I arrived to find that the "fenced in pool" had suffered damage and that one whole wall was missing. When I called the rental management company, they stated that the owner was supposed to have contacted me, to which he did not. It happened the week before I arrived. Had they notified me I probably would have asked for a refund and rented else where since the pool was the main reason I rented. The pool was great the first 2 days warm and wonderful we just couldn't use once the bugs came out. Then the rental management company arrived and there was no heat in the pool or spa after this. The spa was advertised as a "hot tub". there was nothing hot about this tub after the first 2 days. I was told when I called days later that I could purchase heat at an additional cost even for the advertised "hot" tub. Then the internet did not work and I needed to call the company again. This was fixed easily by the lady at the rental company and we were assured that the wall would be fixed that week. I emailed the owner who responded at first promptly however my second email went unanswered and the gentleman at the rental company became very rude. He expected us to wait for calls for different issues that needed fixing. The exterminator came promptly when we called after the 1 st day d/t ants and cock roaches , however the game room remained unusable the whole time. The house was in good shape however no use of pool, at times internet, no hot tub were major issues for me since this is the reason I rented this house. Lack of caring from owner or rental management company was stressful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was roomy
Liked least: Not being able to use facilities that were listed.
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with disabilities Older travelers
28 Apr 2016
Its very sad to have such good reviews spoiled by one that had issues beyond our control.

I will address this reiviews issues one at a time.

The fenced in Pool, I do agree that the pool screen had suffered damage from a recent Hurricane, just prior to your arrival, this was a matter beyond my control, and both I and the management company were trying to get the problem sorted as quickly as possible. The screen was supposed to be fixed prior to your arrival, however, due to the extensive damage across many villas in Florida, and because the damage was minor compared to other villas in the vicinity, we were pushed down the list to be repaired. Again was no fault of either myself or the management company.

In fact to prove our honesty, we even had the gentlemen in charge of the screen company contact you to explain the situation and why they did not see it as a priority and had to deal with dangerous situations first.

The issue regarding the pool, you say you could hardly use it, this is simply not true. The pool was in full use constantly, to the point where it had been used so much we had to call for additional cleaning and chlorine - something in all the years of owning a villa I have never had to do. This additional charge was not passed onto you.

The internet issue, this is something that nobody has experienced in the years of owning the villa, and was dealt with promptly. Unfortunately, neither the management company nor the internet company could find the problem. Which seemed to correct itself in the end. The internet company suggested that the problem lay with the laptop/device rather than the villa.

The issue of Spa and Pool Heating, as with the majority of villas on here, pool heating is an additional charge, and clearly described in the 'Rates' section of my advert. Pool heating is very expensive and is something some guests want whilst others do not, so I leave it at the guests discretion as to whether they want it or not. It would be unfair to charge for pool heating in the rental price, as that would leave guests who do not use the pool paying more. I only charge what it costs, and make nothing whether a guest has pool heating or not.

The Games room being unusable, which is strange considering the mess it was left in. Florida has a tropical climate and where food and sugar drinks are left out, it can attract bugs. The house is regularly treated for pests and insects, so I am surprised to read such a thing occurred. We always advise guests not to leave food and drinks laying around. Again, based on the fact that nobody in all the years of renting has ever mentioned such an issue, I would lead me to concur that this is not true or exaggerated at best.

The guest has failed to mention in their review, that in their Email to me, I was accused me of misleading people about a community pool and gym, I take it they have now reviewed my Emails and my advert and found that I never mentioned a community pool or gym. I am an honest owner, who takes pride in the fact that many guests over the many years have enjoyed staying at the villa, I do not mislead or lie to people, and take great offence of being accused of such.

In conclusion, myself and the management company tried as best as we could to help where possible, the screen damage was a matter beyond our control and would not or did not affect the enjoyment of the pool. The internet was addressed immediately and found to be working fine. Pool heating, I would advise any guest to always check the rates prior to booking any villa, this is the only additional thing I charge for and is made clear in the rates section. Bugs, its a tropical climate and you will get bugs no matter where you go, we do our best to keep them at bay, however, this is not helped if food or sugary drinks are left laying around. I do hope that this has addressed your issues, again, I take great pride in the villa, and aim to make guests have the best possible time, which is demonstrated by the other reviews on here from other guests.

If anyone reading this does have questions about the villa prior to booking, they are always welcome to Email me, and I will deal with the query as best as possible.
SharonNDa...
Newark, New Jersey
“Davenport vacation”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The home was awesome. The management Team also worked very well. We enjoyed ourselves from the young children to the older adults. It is very spacious and comfortable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spacious rooms.
Liked least: Nothing.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
20 Feb 2017
Thanks so much for you lovely review, it is greatly appreciated, and you are always welcome to return.
soloboy1
scotland
“Great Base”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Lovely spacious villa ideally situated in a lovely neighbourhood. There were 12 in our party and there was ample room for all of us. Lovely private pool which is not overlooked and we loved sitting there early morning watching the hot air balloons. Phil replied to all my enquiries quickly and efficiently and also returned security deposit promptly. A car is a must for the area and the parks can be reached within a maximum of thirty minutes, Publix supermarket five minutes away with plenty of fast food outlets in the same area. After the madness of the parks it is a blessed relief to return to this wonderful neighbourhood and all you need to know before you book is that we intend to return next if available.

Liked best: Neighbourhood
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
20 Feb 2017
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, I am so pleased you enjoyed you holiday, and you are always welcome to return.
beautyman
sheffield
“Fantastic family in Orlando”
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The villa was our base point for a fantastic holiday in Orlando. It was very clean, extremely roomy and airy and easily accommodated our party of 12. The pool was great fun for the smaller ones and very relaxing after a busy day for the older ones,especially as we had it heated. The pool has lovely views of the lake and feels very private. There are plenty of places to sit and eat and plenty of bathrooms. The overall feeling is of comfort and the air conditioning was very welcome. Would recommend the property for large parties. The location for Disney and the 192 for lots of restaurants is excellent and for Universal, Legoland and Busch Gardens is also very good.

Liked best: location
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
9 Jun 2015
Thank you for your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing