6,284 results
All reviews golf course lazy river wave pool self parking family pool beautiful hotel formal pool david's club business conference broadway deli fire pit adult pool sports bar champions gate play golf great amenities pool area
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

An outstanding Disney Area Florida destination for the entire family! I have visited this property for both business meetings and with family. Omni Champions Gate is a full service resort complete with spa, golf and business convention services that have been expertly maintained and enhanced over my years of travel. The property does an excellent job of separating the business facilities and events from the private hotel and recreation areas. My last visit was a family spring break vacation, that included two teen age children. The resort was at full capacity with families plus multiple business conventions. The service and facilities were outstanding. The prime season did not impact the service or quality of our experience, in fact expectations were exceeded. Our agenda included the Leadbetter Golf Academy, spa, pool areas with private cabanas, and onsite restaurants. We also enjoyed the convenient access to nearby Disney attractions. For Omni Select Guest Members, the ambassador program current is managed by Susan. Susan did a very professional job, providing personal assistance in the planning and coordination of our wonderful stay. Thank you Omni!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Omni was great, the facility is large and something for everyone, my son spent hours in the lazy river and i was able to get good service during a very busy weekend. Nice people all around. Would recommend for sure.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is an average hotel with really smelly water and they serve this same smelly water in their restaurants. Also, this hotel is hardly in Orlando even though it is in their name ($90 cab ride from airport).

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Has 3 pools (lazy river, wave and family) - Different activities, golf, mini golf, bicycling, etc.. It has an excellent coffee shop and Breakfast Buffet is top notch. Everyone is extremely friendly. Great Hotel!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We chose to stay here for the 2 bedroom condo for a Disney/Universal vacation and because we typically love to stay at Omni resorts/hotels. This resort is too far away from the theme parks if this is the primary purpose of your stay. The traffic on I-4 is horrendous at all times of the day which is the route you have to take to get to Disney and Universal. Beyond the distance to the parks, this Omni resort is not up to par compared to the other Omni facilities in which I have stayed. I have stayed in many Omni hotels/resorts, in fact, Omni managed properties have been my preferred places to stay when available at my destination. This one doesn't compare. To start, our room in the villas had several problems: our a/c did not work for the first 2 nights (it froze due to house keeping turning the thermostat too low - which actually is an indication it needs replaced as I had this problem in our home..); our phones did not work, (I had to walk down to the villas lobby to use the phone to report the problem), the safe did not work; and the wifi failed to function properly; and housekeeping consistently failed to leave enough towels for the number of registered guests in the room (I had to repeatedly call for more towels). While all the problems were remedied during our stay (except the wifi), most are problems that should be flagged and fixed before guests check in. In all other Omni properties in which I have stayed, the staff is extremely friendly, always smiling and always going out of their way to greeting guests. The staff at this location barely even made eye contact with guests, let alone greet guests in a friendly manner. Lastly, the service in the restaurant, Trevi's, was slow at best. We had dinner our first night, a Wednesday evening, and we waited over 1 1/2 hours to receive 3 childrens' meals of buttered noodles, 1 spaghetti and meatballs, 1 chicken parmesan, and 1 fettucine alfredo... not complicated dishes that require much preparation or cooking time in a restaurant that had several open tables available... This resort just doesn't measure up! I am actually a bit concerned..., If this is Omni's flagship resort, where does this leave the Homestead since Omni has relatively recently taken it over? Is the quality going to drop here too... ? Before this year, we have spent Easter for the last 5-6 years at the Homestead Resort, so we are in a unique position to compare the resort pre-Omni and post-Omni... The last couple of Easters since the Omni transition has been fine and seemingly seemless, but was this just the new management running things as the old management had before making Omni- changes? I guess time will tell - ie, next Easter - but I am hopeful that Omni keeps the Homestead-style management and not turn it into Championsgate -style management... Hopefully, you can raise Championsgate to Homestead level and not vice-versa.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
amieva_d, Customer Service Representative at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear sonyar228,
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We appreciate you being a repeat guest of Omni Hotels and we sorry that your recent visit was not consistent with previous ones. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the multiple issues you experienced. Your concerns will be addressed and a member of our team will be in contact with you for further assistance. It has been a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope you will reconsider joining us next time you're in the area.